Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Restricted Section [Plot]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

The Restricted Section [Plot] Empty
PostSubject: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:58 pm

[This thread is open to Lucy and Wade Malfoy only]

James's fingers clenched around the note in his pocket. "When did you say there were coming?" Aurora inquired.
"I told them to join us here after dinner. They shouldn't be long." he answered, glancing around as students were passing by them, some entering the Library, others just pursuing their way to wherever they were going.
"You think we'll find something?" Aurora sounded rather skeptical.
"I don't know." he admitted. "Professor Umbranox doesn't seem to believe we will. We have to try though. If there's nothing here, I don't know where else we can search." he added gravely, realizing their quest might come to an abrupt end. "Here they are." Lucy and Wade had indeed appeared from around a corner and were heading towards them.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:57 pm

"Wade, thank you for coming with us." She whispered as they turned the corner, revealing that James and Aurora were already there, waiting patiently. Lucy's blonde hair was in a bun today, something that rarely happened, but she didn't want it messing with her ability to read what ever information the books held. As they approached the two Ravenclaws, Lucy began her explanation.
"We're very sorry. We had a little delay." They were supposed to have met James and Aurora minutes ago, but Wade had delayed their departure from the Great Hall as he had apparently forgotten to put something up and didn't want Professor Baxt to catch it.
"Should we go in now?" she asked them all.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Wade's lips curled into a smile as he muttered a replied to his cousin. "Anything for you, Lucy." They walked towards the library, and found Aurora and James. Giving them a smile, he greeted them both. Without giving further explanation, Wade suggested they go in.
"Might as well, if we get caught by any professor, they might not believe us even if we have a note."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 pm

"Hey Lucy, Wade. Don't worry, we just arrived as well." he replied with a smile on his face, glad to see the two Malfoys. Lucy had put her hair in a bun, which really looked well on her.

Entering the cast and impressive room, they immediately headed towards the bibliothecary's desk. Aemon Lunarion, the librarian, was the oldest man James had ever known. He had learned that people use to live longer in the magical world, but the man was aged even by wizarding standards, with his long silvery hair and his large and thick glasses.
"Good afternoon Sir" James cheerfully greeted him as they approached. The Ravenclaw spent a lot of time at the library, and he had grown fond of the kind old man.
"Nice to see you, Jace." Probably due to his advanced age, Mister Lunarion always had difficulties with names. "Are you here to borrow another book? We have received a few new ones you might like." he added in his usual crackling voice. "Who are your friends?"
"Thanks. These are Lucy, Aurora and Wade. But we actually came to visit the Restricted Section. We have... some research to do in Defence Against the Dark Arts." James replied, handing him the note while carefully avoiding his look. He felt bad about lying to him, but he reminded himself it was for a good cause.
"Hmm..." the old man hummed, carefully examining the permission. "Yes, everything seems fine. Just please make sure not to make too much noise."
"We won't" James promised, taking back the note.
"Oh and Wayne! I believe you have forgotten to bring back the book you borrowed last week." Mister Lunarion added as they were about to leave his desk.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am

Wade had only been to the library to pick up books he needed for homework, so he wasn't as well aquatinted with it as James seemed to be. "Nice to meet you, sir." Wade greeted the old librarian as James introduced everyone.
Listening carefully to the man's conversation with James, Wade's body tensed as he inspected the note from Professor Umbranox. When they were finally let in, he calmed down, and whispered to James, "He's really, really bad with names...."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 am

"He definitely is." James murmured in an amused tone. "Sometimes I wonder if he doesn't do it on purpose. However, he still has a flawless memory, so you should return that book if you don't want to have any problems." he added with a smile.

The Restricted Section was utterly deserted. James had thought it would be just a small area of the library, but he was surprised to see the numerous shelves the obscure room contained. How were they supposed to find what they needed in there? "All right, so where do we start?" he inquired, turning to the others.

Last edited by James Riddle on Sun May 12, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:19 am

OOC: I didn't know the Wayne thing was for me Smile

"Yeah, I keep forgetting about that book..." he simply replied, moving on from the subject. As they entered the Restricted Section, Wade shivered a bit as it was colder than the main library sections. "Too many books..." Wade whispered as he saw all the shelves in the room. There were just too many.
"The library isn't dark magic, right? So it's couldn't possibly be there." he said as he pointed towards a section labeled with that name.
"Maybe something historical?" he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Lucy stayed quietly next to Aurora as the boys did the talking with the librarian. She kindly smiled at Mr. Lunarion and murmured a shy goodbye as they walked away and ventured into the Restricted Section.
"Not what I expected, to be honest." Lucy murmured as the appearance of the place sunk in. She expected a small, old, dark and dusty place. Not the large, well-kept place she was now staring at. Wandering off into a shelf, she noticed they were all in alphabetical order. "Let's just go straight to the R's then." she suggested, "and keep it on a historical level, no dark magic." she said, silently shooting Wade a warning glare.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:24 am

"Maybe we should split up" James suggested, examining the endless shelves. "There might be something under Ravenclaw, or Lost Library, or Legends and Myths of the Wizarding World..." he enumerated everything that had any link to the Ancient Library. "Just pick up anything you find interesting and we'll meet here when we're done." he added, indicating the large wooden desk in the centre of the room.

Since Lucy headed towards the R's, he decided to check the M's. Slowly pacing beside the line of books, he analyzed the writings on the used covers, searching for anything even remotely related to their quest. The room was dimly lit, and some of the books were so old that the titles were hardly visible. As a large and moldy-looking one caught his attention, he leaned over to have a closer look at it. Mastering the Dark Arts it read in paled gold letters. For a moment, his curiosity almost took over, as his fingertips brushed the soft surface. But Professor Umbranox's warning still resonated in his toughts, and he reluctantly moved on, determined to stay concentrated on their task.

When he was finally done, James returned to the table and carefully placed his heavy burden on the wooden surface, his eyes aching from staring at small encriptions in the dark. "I have Medieval Magical Mythology, Myth or Reality : the Truth Behind Famous Legends and Mystery of History: Old Tales of the Wizarding World" he announced, pushing the three voluminous books for the others to see. Glancing around the table, he waited for his companions to present their findings.

Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Lucy nodded as James suggested they split up, and examined the shelves under the R section. "There's too many..." she whispered as she realized how many shelves there really were. Putting that aside, she
quickly looked at the titles, taking out what she thought would be good.

"There's only a few Ravenclaw titles." she commented as she checked the books she had picked up. Walking with the books in hand towards the table, she set them down.
"I have Ravenclaw: A Family History, which really doesn't say anything about the library. I've scanned it." She admitted. "Also, there's Rising of the Dark Arts, which I don't even know why I picked out but I figured we might as well check it out. And Rise and Fall of Pagan Magic."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 pm

"I don't know about Rising of the Dark Arts, I'm not sure the Library would be considered as dark magic." James commented, thoughtful. "But there is certainly something in the Pagan Magic one." he quickly added, flashing a shy smile at Lucy, but then turning away when their eyes briefly met.

Aurora's venture into the L section hadn't proven very fruitful. All she had found was a used volume entitled Legendary Sites and Places. Which left Wade. Hopefully he had discovered something useful.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:47 am

Wade's mind was everywhere. There were just too many books to actually pick one. He'd headed for the As and Bs, as simple as they were. Between many of the books he'd browsed so far, he'd only found two: A World of Darkness from the A section and Bettering Your Curses from the B section.

"I'm not sure if what we're looking for would require a curse, but knowing what I know about it so far I'm sure it would. It might be useful to check this out." he said as he finally walked back, holding a thick, black book in his right hand; the one he was just referring to.
"The other one sounded kind of interesting." he added, placing the other one in front of him for the rest to see. 

"Have we found something useful yet?" he added while inspecting what Lucy had brought.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:15 am

"But wouldn't it have dark magic in order to keep it secret? Because it's obviously a secret! Aren't there any spells for hiding big rooms or something like that?" she asked, meeting James' gaze for only a few seconds before he turned away. "Although maybe Aurora's selection has more on the library, since it's about legendary sites." she said as she turned to the book the Ravenclaw girl had gotten, looking through the pages.

Before she could find anything though, Wade came back holding two books. "Not that one." Lucy said as she read the title of the thicker book.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:13 pm

"You're right." he was forced to agree when Lucy mentioned the concealing spells. Sweeping the wooden surface with his gaze, he frowned. They had promised Professor Umbranox they would stay away from books involving dark magic, and now two of them lay on the table. 

"We should go through all of them, just to make sure we don't miss anything." he suggested, glancing at the others. "Just pick one, leaf through it and if you find anything about the Library... well, just say something."

He took one from the pile and examined it. Medieval Magical Mythology, he read, on a cover that seemed as old as the title. Carefully opening the volume in order not to damage the bindings, he looked through the pages. The book started by describing the founding of Hogwarts, and then covered the myth of the Chamber of Secrets. He jumped that part, knowing he wouldn't find anything useful, and paid attention to the chapter titles. The Deathly HallowsThe Philosopher's Stone ... he had no idea what those were, but he was certain they had nothing to do with the Library. He stopped when reaching Ravenclaw's Lost Diadem, and read a few passages more carefully. But the book only described the item's legendary qualities, and nothing about where its owner could have learned to create such an artifact. 

As he closed the book, he glanced at the others, yet they all seemed absorbed in their research. Selecting the second volume he had brought, he started over. But some time later he was forced to admit that, despite its gripping retelling of the tales of several famous vampires, dragons and giants, it contained no more useful information than the previous one.

Discarding it, he moved on to the only remaining one, Mystery of History: Old Tales of the Wizarding World. He mildly leafed through it, jumping from page to page. Letters began to shiver before his eyes and he realized he was going through the same paragraph over and over again without even being able to tell what it was about. He was half ready to admit defeat when a few words caught his attention. It required reading them a few times before being sure. The Elder Scrolls. 

"I... I think I found something." he announced hesitantly, his voice rather calm even though his heart had begun to thump more quickly.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:55 am

"Why are you so against them?" Wade asked both, Lucy and James. "They're just books about spells. Which may or may not be useful. We don't know yet." he pointed a finger playfully at them, the way he usually did with Lucy, to prove his point. 

Following James' orders, he looked through the first book he had picked out, but most of it was useless to what they needed. It covered the First Wizarding War, and the Second One too, very well, with a brief history on the Order of the Phoenix, and a whole chapter for the infamous Chamber of Secrets and the Philosopher's Stone. 

Completely skipping through that, he moved on to the second book but found it to be just as useless. It only covered topics on how to use pagan magic to enhance certain types of spells and the many illegal spells that no one, not even Aurors, were allowed to use under any circumstance. Seeing as this book was rather dangerous, and he didn't want to upset neither James nor Lucy, he put it down just as his friend mentioned that he had found something.
"What is it, James?" he said, moving next to him to be able to read along.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 am

"We shouldn't be poking our noses where they don't need to be." Lucy replied, forgetting half of the phrase her mother used to say, but smiling at Wade's playful gesture.

As she looked through the pages of the first book, Rise and Fall of Pagan Magic, and found only simple spells. She was only halfway though, however, when James called out to having found something. As she followed Wade, she payed close attention to what James would say.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 pm

James instantly straightened in his chair, all sign of tiredness gone. He devoured the first few lines of the paragraph, just to make sure it was really about the Library. Wade and Lucy had joined him, but since Aurora was still sitting on the other end of the table, he read out loud.

"Of all ancient tales of the wizarding world, the most bewitching and enigmatic remains the one featuring the Elder Scrolls. To understand it, one must travel way back, to the time when mankind was still at the dawn of its existence. Among all, a few people stood out. They had what some called God's gift, others Nature's present. Yet all referred to the same thing - magic. Those who possessed this force were capable of extraordinary deeds, deemed normally impossible – conjuring fire, controlling objects, harming other with the use of their mind. Yet the gift was wild, uncontrollable. Soon its owners were consumed by their own power, and even those who didn't have it perished in great numbers in the midst of utter dismay. 

Wizarkind was at the brink of extinction, when a group of respected scholars made it their mission to restore order to the magical world. These Elders dedicated their lives to studying magic and finding ways to tame it. In order to achieve their goal, they created a set of artefacts, bestowed with exceptional powers and designed to control magic and those who performed it.

The first solution was to fabricate an item that would channel magical energy and prevent it from consuming the caster. They soon unravelled that when coupled with a fragment of a magical creature, twigs from a set of specific trees were capable of exactly that feat. That marked the creation of the first wands, which were distributed among the practitioners of the noble art, based on the affinity they had for the caster.

In his desire to keep dominance over wizardkind, one of the most respected Elders forged himself a wand more powerful than any other, one capable of feats of magic unimaginable to most. The Elder Wand. However, its might was also source of great envy, and not long after, its owner was slain by one of his very apprentices, who seized the mythical artefact and ran away. The wand vanished from view for centuries, until it resurfaced in the hands of Antioch Peverell, one of the three brothers from the famous tale. With the power of the Elder Wand, it is believed that the Peverells conceived two other fabled items, thus completing what has been later known as the Deathly Hallows."

James had been so absorbed by the story that he almost jumped from his chair when the door swung open. Instinctively, he closed the book before glancing at the entrance.
"I am sorry to interrupt, Jace... hmm…" Mister Lunarion started in a tired voice. Then he made one of his characteristic pauses, closing his eyes as if he was searching for the next word. James always feared he had fallen asleep. "But the hour grows late, and I need to close the Library."
Already?! James glanced at his watch in disbelief. Could we really have been here for two hours? They could always take the book to their common room, but there were so many others they still didn't have the chance to go through, and it wasn't likely they would get another opportunity to visit the Restricted Section.
"Could we just have a few more minutes, Sir? Please?" he heard Aurora plead. 
"Hmm..." the librarian fixed her with his kind grey eyes. "I am afraid my old bones wouldn't stand sitting in that hard chair for another second." he chuckled, then coughed. "But let me tell you what I can do... Aurelia. Here are the keys. When you are done, just lock the door and bring them to my office. You know where my office is, don't you, Jace?"
James nodded vigorously, giving the man a grateful look as he accepted the keys. "We won't be long, I promise."
"Perfect... And please don't mention this to anyone, or I risk losing my position. And what would an old man like me to do then?" he giggled before slowly heading out.

"I wonder what name he would call you." James said with a smile, turning to Lucy, when the man was gone.
"Keep reading." Aurora sharply reminded him before the Slytherin could reply.
"Oh, right, sorry." Opening the book, he found where he had stopped and pursued.

"Witnessing the greed that had infiltrated even their own ranks, the Elders decided to tighten their control over magic. All spells would now be clearly defined, with strict rules regulating their use. Losing faith in mankind, they locked away all their secrets and the collection of artefacts they had created into a hidden and very well protected library. They planned to keep them safe until a time when wizards would be ready to behold such power without being corrupted by it, a time when man would be moved by generosity and goodness, and not avidity and self-interest. Yet that time never came, and as wars and massacres plagued the wizarding world, the Elders slowly faded into oblivion, alongside the treasures they were guarding.

The Ancient Library remained a mystery to this day, despite the attempts of many foolhardy adventurers to discover its whereabouts. Some say it still lies where the Elders have buried it, waiting for someone pure of heart to uncover it and share its wisdom with the world. Others argue that it has already been unveiled, yet that whoever found it deemed that we were still not worthy of its treasures. Most however believe that it simply never existed.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Listening closely to James's words, Lucy grew only more and more intrigued by the mystery of the library. His words came in to through her mind and lingered for a few seconds, as she tried to Take hem in. "The Deathly Hallows! Of course!" She exclaimed , only to be silenced by Wade's warning look.

She kept listening Over James as he spoke until the librarian walked in suddenly, making Lucy jump slightly. Once again, she was a mere background noise as she let James and Aurora handle the situation.

As they went back to the book, and James soon finished the passage, Lucy couldn't help it anymore. "So it does exist!" She exclaimed rather loudly, "It might be a legend as of right now, but this" she pointed at the book in James's hands, "has proven that the chances of the library being real are high enough for us to hope!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Restricted Section [Plot]   The Restricted Section [Plot] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Restricted Section [Plot]
Page 1 of 1