Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Christmas Plans (Sinead)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2

Christmas Plans (Sinead) Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:19 pm

For once, Humphrey found that he really wasn't looking forward to going home for Christmas. After a couple of days had passed he was beginning to think that it would be better to stay here. That way he wouldn't have to answer the questions he knew would come from his parents and little sister. Because he didn't have many friends, one of the routine ones was for them to ask about Sinead, Casey especially seemed curious. Although he missed them, he didn't feel that he could face them and not talk about what had gone on. Everything was still so confusing, he didn't think he could even give them an answer that made sense. Why he'd reacted that way he wasn't sure. It didn't stop him from feeling guilty, though, despite the fact he didn't even know what he'd done wrong. That's really not the point, moron. You took a happy day for her and acted selfishly, not thinking about her feelings. The thought him like a ton of bricks, and he felt the need to go find her. Whether he'd been wrong or not was irrelevant, because the way he handled his confusion had been downright rude. His mom would have told him off for it, which was perhaps part of the reason he didn't want to go home and see the accusation in her eyes.

Humphrey always went to the library first when he needed to find Sinead, as he figured there was usually a reasonable chance of her being found there. If she wasn't there he would try Ravenclaw Tower next, but he hoped she would be at the library for the simple reason that the smell of books always helped comfort him a little. That smell was so familiar and welcome, that when he walked through the doors of the library and breathed it in a small knot in the pit of his stomach loosened just a little. It was still there, reminding him that he had behaved foolishly; but, now it was at a bearable level. Looking around, he eventually spotted her and walked over. Lowering his voice to a whisper (after all it was the library), he asked, "What are your plans for break? I, I was thinking about staying here, and wanted to know if you wanted to as well. I really am sorry about how I acted, and wanted to have fun like best friends are supposed to. Would, would that be alright?" This time, his voice carried with it a hint of the guilt he felt for the way he acted in addition to the hope that their friendship could endure it.

It was almost silly that he was feeling nervous around Sinead, and a part of him hoped that if they could spend time together they could work through the awkwardness and get back to normal. Then again, if she's right and I do like her...no, it couldn't be. Too outlandish. However, that thought remained niggling at the back of his mind, trying to convince him it wasn't so silly to be awkward or nervous around somebody you had feelings for. Pushing that thought to the back of his mind, he looked back at Sinead hopefully. Even though he knew her so well, Humphrey had to admit he didn't know how she would react this time. Please, please say yes, he thought, giving her a real smile he hadn't really been able to pull off after their fight at the party.

Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Sinead had been experimenting with girly things. For one, she had started brushing her hair on a daily basis. She had also started dressing a little more like a girl, and not so much like a boy. She had asked her mother for some of Aoife's old stuff, the good stuff. She was wearing her cousin's polka dot tights, with one of the skirts her mum had gotten her over the summer, which Sinead had never worn until now. Declan's old Nirvana sweatshirt was Sinead's favorite, so she was wearing that too. She wouldn't admit it to herself, but she loved the skirt, much more than she had expected to love it. Darn, mothers were always right.

With her face buried in a book, Alice in Wonderland to be exact, Sinead was lost in thought. Her mind was completely blank, aside from imagining what she was reading. Since her birthday, Sinead had hoped Humphrey would go back to his normal self, but the git was being moody about everything so she had decided to leave him alone for a few days. Maybe he needed time away from her, which she couldn't blame him for. Sinead had figured she would need time away from herself too, if she were Humphrey. Or anyone else, really. Thus, she was sat at the library, in a completely different world.

With her legs crossed, and the book on her lap, Sinead fantasized about what it would be like to meet the Mad Hatter. That would be pretty cool, but creepy beyond imagination, Sinead supposed. Her eyes following the words, her own thoughts blurring, Sinead was startled by a voice. Jumping up, Sinead looked at the source before realizing to was just Humphrey. What were her plans for break? None. Sinead was going home. She was about to tell him this but Humphrey kept going on and on. Stay back at Hogwarts? With Humphrey? Sinead narrowed her eyes a bit, considering that option.

"Why?" Sinead asked, her left eyebrow raising. It didn't make sense for Humphrey to stay. He loved his family. But then he spilled it. He was still feeling bad about the birthday thing. STILL! Sighing, Sinead closed her book. No point in reading now. "Humphrey, why are you even asking? We're best friends, remember? Whatever you want, just tell me." Sinead said, her tone serious before her lips curled into a smile. "What do you have planned so far? Should I be scared?" Tapping the spot next to her, Sinead hoped Humphrey would at least stay for a bit. Not surprisingly, she had missed him.

Last edited by Sinead O'Donnell on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 6:12 am

One of the biggest shocks at seeing Sinead again after the short time he'd been avoiding her so he could process, was that she was wearing more girly things. Humphrey had never minded that she dressed like a guy, but he did have to admit that seeing her wear a skirt with tights underneath did make her seem more feminine. He'd always thought she was pretty, of course; but, he still didn't think he liked her as more than a friend. He had convinced himself that the whole debacle was birthday madness, and maybe not enough sleep because he'd been up late worrying the night before on whether it would go alright. Still, it didn't change the fact that seeing her in typical girl clothes made him recognize that she was just as pretty as Dakota, but in a more down-to-earth, less over the top way. "You look really nice today, Sinead. That outfit suits you." he told her, not trying to be flirtatious but pay her a genuine compliment.

Refocusing his thoughts on why he'd come here, he decided to simply get straight to it. Humphrey automatically took the seat next to her, not even having noticed her tapping it but out of habit. "Well, you see, I wanted to spend some time together with only us, to make sure any lingering awkwardness gets squashed before it can build up over break. But there's also something else..." Humphrey said, and bit his lip before going on. "I was wondering if you would be interested in setting up a double date. For a while now, I've been wanting to ask Dakota out, but she can be kind of intimidating. Maybe, if you asked Danny and he agrees, and I ask her, perhaps it will help me feel less uncomfortable if you are there for moral support. We could go ice skating on the black lake, if you are open to the idea. Hot chocolate and a nice meal in the kitchens after, or something like that." he said, talking a little faster once he got started. He knew she didn't like the Slytherin, but he couldn't change his feelings for Dakota. Honestly, he felt the girl had only made a few rude remarks. Granted, that was a little immature, but there was nothing she'd done that was so bad that deserved Sinead's level of dislike in his mind.

When he had first gotten to Hogwarts, Dakota had been there for him as much as Sinead had. Humphrey had told her that before; however, Humphrey wasn't sure if she had ever really understood how much that time had meant to him. Sinead was a great friend back then, and still is; but, Dakota had helped him to come out of his shell a little bit. Yes she was a little bossy, a part of him had needed that bossiness to help him become more outgoing, though. Sometimes the differences between people helped make a good thing. His feelings for Dakota hadn't started until this past summer, and they took him by surprise. However, in a way it made sense. She had kissed him in the kitchens and first year, and they did get along well together when they weren't arguing. A little chuckle escaped him as he thought about how silly they could be when it was just them, but that sound made him realize he was talking to Sinead about plans. This wasn't him alone, and he doubted she would want to see him go all giggly about Dakota. Even if she agreed to the double date, Humphrey knew that deep down his best friend would never really like her. He wanted to make the best of the situation though, and the idea seemed like a good one when he thought about it. Waiting nervously for her response, he began twiddling his thumbs nervously.
Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:08 pm

"Thanks." Sinead said, glad that she wasn't the only one who liked the clothes. She wasn't exactly doing it for others to like it, mostly because she wanted to look at herself in the mirror and like what she saw, but Humphrey was her best friend, and his approval mattered more now that he had said it. For some reason, Sinead would have been incredibly angry if he had said something mean about it. But he was Humphrey, and he wasn't really going to do that. She considered returning the compliment, but when she looked him over, she decided lying wasn't going to be welcome. Humphrey didn't pay much attention to what he wore, she realized, much like her, but at least she was trying now. Humphrey still wasn't.

Looking at him attentively when he started speaking his plans, Sinead focused on his words. Any lingering awkwardness...really, Humphrey? Without meaning to, she started rolling her eyes but stopper herself midway. "Well, the awkwardness is not on my end, Humphrey." Sinead admitted, because it had been him who had made the whole thing a bigger deal than it was. Nevertheless, she wasn't going to accuse him of being a git anymore. There was something else, though, and Sinead could tell he was nervous about telling her. She could tell by the way he bit his lip, which he did in those kinds of situations. Narrowing her eyes, Sinead expected him to say something about how he had gotten himself in trouble. The thought didn't last, though, because it was Humphrey.

A double date? Wait a second. Shaking her head, Sinead wondered if she had heard him right. "Dakota?! That...witch?!" Sinead gasped. She felt like slapping some sense into Humphrey's blond head and she actually started to raise her hand, if only a centimeter, before she thought about things clearly. As clearly as she could. "Humphrey! She's not good for you, holysheep." she whispered, a bit louder than a normal whisper would be. She knew he liked her, which was devastating because why would anyone like Dakota?! Humphrey was a smart kid, and she had let that one small slip of his brain go but asking her out on a date was entirely different. Entirely different.

Humphrey was still talking. Ice skating, hot chocolate, a nice meal. Damn it, Humphrey. No. Sinead wanted to shake her head and agressivley deny the request. She was NOT going on a double date with him and Dakota. "She called me a snake[I]!" Though she wasn't one to hold grudges, she held all of them agaisnt Dakota. "Humphrey, don't make me do this." Sinead pleaded, trying so desperately to get out of it. "I know I said I was going to try, and I [I]have been trying. Just don't make me go on a double date." She had closed her book at some point in their conversation, she wasn't sure when.

Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:24 pm

"You're welcome." Humphrey told her, with his easy smile. Clothes weren't really of that much importance to him, but he did notice them on pretty girls from time to time. Dakota was always impeccably dressed, probably due to her upbringing. With Sinead it was less obvious in the choices she made, more of a relaxed look about it instead of getting yourself all done up. Honestly, he had no clue when it came to clothes aside from the colors he liked and if it fit right. His little sister Casey would sometimes try to dress him up, and he always played along. Already she was starting to have a better sense of style when she wasn't wearing overalls to play in than he did, embarrassing as that was to admit to himself. He did notice her looking him over, and simply shrugged when she didn't say anything. "Maybe one day clothes will become more important to me, not yet though." he said, blushing just a tiny bit.

As soon as her eyes began to roll Humphrey's eyes narrowed slightly, did she really think it was nothing to be so worked up about. Deep down, he knew that she did. Which was part of the reason he still had some feelings and emotions to work through, because she didn't understand him as well as she usually did. Though he knew Sinead well, their fight had shown him he didn't understand everything about her either. "I realize that. Honestly, I didn't intend to make a big deal out of it. Things just spiraled, and before I knew it I was almost ruining my best friend's birthday. Do you like the charm bracelet with the pictures?" he asked, hoping that she didn't find it creepy. Because, the fact was he had photographed his best friend without her permission. Yes, it was for the reason he wanted to catch her relaxed and smiling naturally instead of for a camera, but that didn't change that he may not have done it in the best way. Maybe she would find it overly sentimental or something, if she didn't think the other part weird. Hopefully, though, she had liked it as much as he had enjoyed making it for her.

Sinead's response had been expected, hearing her refer to her as a witch in clearly a negative way still hurt a little though. Dakota could be nice, and had been to him. Perhaps if they gave each other a chance they would get along, too. It was unlikely, but he had to hope it could work out alright. "Yes, Dakota." Humphrey told her simply, trying not to say anything else to add on to the whole he'd dug himself in with his best friend. The hand beginning to raise was almost something he missed, but caught on the edge of his peripheral vision. He couldn't help from frowning then, and a little bitterness seeped into his tone. "Isn't that something I should be allowed to figure out for myself? I'm not excusing her behavior towards you, and I've told her to cut it out. Dakota can be really kind, though, you simply don't know her as well as you think." he said, a little blind to the girl's faults. She was his first real crush, and the feelings had caused him to view her in a little different way than he might have otherwise. Some of the things he had said were simply fact, though. They didn't really know each other, just exchanged words in different classes on occasion.

Hearing her repeat the insult made him wince, because that was one that had hurt him too. "I think she views you as a threat. That somehow our friendship will steal me away from her. Even though I don't agree with it, the truth is when we began hanging out more often I didn't spend as much time with her. It doesn't make it okay, but please try to see things from her point of view." he said quietly. Humphrey felt himself breaking down a little inside when she asked him not to make her do it. "You don't have to, and I certainly won't make you. Having you there for support if things with wrong seemed like a good thing if it went bad, is all." It wasn't that he assumed they would, but he was well aware that he knew next to nothing about girls. Humphrey tried to find a way to make this easier for her to do. "Think about Danny, though. You've been saying you wanted to...well, get something going with him. I honestly thought it would help you, too. We don't have to, though. We could hang out only you and me if that's easier." he said. They would have fun together, like they always did. His best friend always figured out ways to cheer him up and take his mind off things if he was worrying too much.
Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:09 pm

"It's not the clothes, Humphrey. It's how they make you feel." She had read that in a magazine, which she was not going to tell him about. Being a girl was already hard enough, and if clothes were added in the mix, it only made it harder. Guys pretty much had to wear jeans and a shirt. Girls had all kinds of jeans, pants, skirts, shorts, etc. Not to mention all kinds of tops. There were tomboy tops, glittery tops, jersey tops, formal tops, pajama tops, and dear Merlin. Sinead took a breath, because just thinking about it was too much. "But don't worry about it. You look good anyway. Wait. Is it you look good or you look well?" She thought for a second, but then decided they meant different things. "Well, you look good. But you also look well. There's no sickness in you, I think." Oh, good save Sinead. She was sure that any more comments about his appearance would make him poop his pants like at the birthday party. That was one more reason why Sinead was keeping her distance, even in a little bit, until Humphrey got back to his senses.

It was still nothing to be worked up about. It had been like a three-day thing. Sinead had never taken it seriously, and just knowing that it still bothered Humphrey made her feel both annoyed and upset at the same time. For a while, Sinead had wondered if maybe they weren't good enough friends, but she was a stubborn girl and clinging to the idea that Humphrey was - and would forever be - her best friend was important. Probably more important than letting Humphrey know she was having doubts with their friendship. Truth, Sinead had learned, was not something everyone could handle. Shaking her head, she hoped Humphrey knew she hadn't ruined her birthday. But then he brought up the charm bracelet. Without thinking about it, Sinead picked up her book and smacked Humphrey's left arm. "Yeah, I saw the charm bracelet." She whispered, very loudly. "I would have liked to know I was getting my picture taken, you know." Secretly, she loved it. She had never known Humphrey was taking the picture, but she liked seeing herself through his eyes. Maybe Humphrey was more into the friendship than she was, which made sense because he was much more righteous than she was. She was not currently wearing it, because she had it next to her night stand, keeping her family's portrait some company. "Thanks, though. For the bracelet." Sinead replied, feeling a knot form in her throat as she expressed gratitude.

Yes, Dakota. WELL GOODIE, HUMPHREY. Sinead rolled her eyes again. This time, fully. She knew it, obviously. It had been a rhetorical question. "As your best friend," Sinead emphasized the word, just in case Humphrey had forgotten what they were, "It is my duty to call you out when you're being a git and when you're being stupid." She said, before Humphrey continued defending her. "The question is do you know her as well as you think you do, Humphrey?" She wanted to raise her eyebrow for dramatic effect, but it was not the time to play such things. "Besides, it's not about whether or not she can be kind. But whether or not she thinks the universe revolves around her. Which, she does." The first time she had been alone with Dakota had been at the Owlery, and mymerlin she had officially disliked the Slytherin. "You can keep telling yourself she's a great girl and all that, but I think you only like her because you think she's pretty." Sinead made air quotations around the word pretty because Dakota was anything but.

Letting out a laugh, Sinead was reprimanded by the librarian immediately. Wincing, Sinead mouthed a quick apology. "I am not a threat! Why would I even want to steal you. She can have you, for all I care. If you're always going to be this blinded by pretty girls then yeah, she might as well keep you." Ugh, boys were naturally stupid and if girls were added into the mixture....holysheep. "I can't see things from her point of view because I'm not a conceited git." She replied. Ughhhh she so desperately wanted to slap Humphrey. But then she saw something in him change. Sinead wasn't sure, but she thought she saw disappointment. Was it really so bad that she didn't like Dakota? She took a moment to process his words, taking in the look in his eyes. What was Sinead doing. Sighing, she considered the probably of agreeing to Humphrey's request. Yes, she hated Dakota. No, she didn't hate Humphrey. She had promised to be nice, to tolerate her, and wasn't this part of her promise? Maybe Sinead was as blinded as he was.

"No, no, no." Sinead said. I don't want to get something going. I just like him." That was true. Sinead didn't want a boyfriend. She just...liked the boy. But she hadn't seen him in a while and the feeling was starting to go away. "Honestly, though...I haven't seen him in weeks. He's probably out with his famous brother on his quidditch matches." Sighing, Sinead glared at Humphrey before continuing. "But fine. I'll send him a note or something." She could feel Humphrey's mood lighten, and she said, "But if Dakota starts being a jerk, I'll jinx her and leave the place." She would put up with only a bit, of course, because she was still doing it for Humphrey. But Sinead had a limit, and if Dakota crossed it - or if she crossed it with Humphrey - Sinead was more than ready to take out her wand and jinx the dumb blond Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:12 am

Clothes can make you feel something? What in the world is she talking about? All I know about clothes and feel is if they are comfortable. Humphrey simply gave her a bewildered look, not really wanting to offend her by saying something like that sounded weird to him. "Maybe it'll make sense to me eventually." he said, a little doubtfully but also honestly hoping he would get it so he could understand her better. Perhaps it was simply one of the differences of having a girl for a best friend instead of a guy. This way, he figured, at least she'd be able to tell him if he was wearing something that didn't look right whereas a guy might be as clueless as he was. When his best friend started wondering whether look well or look good was the proper phasing he couldn't help but chuckle a little and smiled. "Well, I believe look good would refer to dressing in a way that makes me look cute or dressed well, something along those lines. Look well would refer to, as you mentioned, free of illness and all that. Think so, at least." Humphrey added, since he wasn't entirely certain either. After he'd kind of exploded on her about the whole cute thing, he'd realized it was probably like Sinead's mom had told her and not that big of a deal. To let Sinead know he didn't mind what she'd said he simply shrugged and smiled.

Seeing the book headed towards him, Humphrey didn't even bother trying to dodge or stop it with his hand. That she had found it a little invasive of her privacy was one of the possibilities he had anticipated, even though he hoped it wouldn't make her feel awkward. Reaching his hand over, he simply pushed the book off of his arm gently since she hadn't pulled it back yet. "Well, I wanted to tell you, honest. It's just, the photos look more natural and smiles aren't as forced if you don't know about it." he explained, getting a little quieter towards the end and half expecting another smack with the book. His cheeks and ears were burning a little at her calling him out on that part, even though he felt it made for better photos. To his surprise, though, she eventually thanked him for the bracelet. Looking up while he was still blushing, he smiled softly. "You're welcome, bestie." he replied simply.

Although a part of him was telling him that Sinead was being honest and trying to protect him, the majority of his brain and heart was screaming at him to do something, to defend the girl he liked. It was like what he imagined watching a wreck would be like, or a slow-motion part of a movie, he couldn't really move or speak until she had finished. Each of her words was hitting him like hammer blows, hurting him in ways he wasn't sure he'd ever fully heal from. "You know what, Sinead, she knows very well that the world doesn't revolve around her. Do you want to know why I think she's acting this way? It's probably because she feels overlooked and ignored. Which, to be brutally honest, I've done to her for the most part. Aside from me I'm not sure she's made any real friends here, and I've practically ignored her so I could spend time with you!" he said, dropping his voice to an angry whisper. Everything he'd done since they'd become best friends had been to try his best to make Sinead happy, but he couldn't be the one in the middle of their fighting forever. The boy took some deep breaths and tried to calm before finishing his train of thought. "Don't misunderstand, I don't regret for a second becoming your best friend or spending that time with you. However, is it so much to ask for a chance with her before you call me stupid for even thinking it might be a good thing? Your opinion matters even more to me than Casey's." he said, only realizing now how very true that was. His little sister had always been incredibly important to him, but Sinead's friendship and opinions had helped him change since the time he started Hogwarts and it was impossible to ignore that fact.

Humphrey got a cold look from the librarian and was well aware he was on the edge of being kicked out, he gulped and realized he needed to be on his very best behavior now. "Sinead, I'm well aware you don't like me in that way. She doesn't know you, though; so, it's not that far-fetched to think a girl our age would think that. Blinded by a pretty girl, you might be right." Humphrey realized, stunned by what she'd said. It wasn't Dakota he was thinking about though, it was Sinead. He'd been blind to the...well, loathing and possibly hatred she held for the girl without even getting to know her. However a part of him was touched by how fiercely protective her behavior was, and it was the same part that had been so upset when he'd heard about the passing thing of thinking he was cute. Merlin, I hate puberty already and it's barely started. Finally, he turned back to look at her, he'd been looking in shock at the wood of the table for a few moments as his brain processed what had happened. "Not conceited. It was a bad idea to ask this in the first place, should have listened to my instincts." he eventually said, biting back the retort of just judgmental before it slipped from his tongue.

The habit of going to Sinead when he wanted to work on something or figure out a problem either with school or his own life was so ingrained in him it was hard to break. This moment was straining their friendship to the breaking point, and he was scared of what would happen if the bond between them snapped. Humphrey listened to her as she talked, and felt a tiny smile appear before it slipped away. When she eventually agreed to send a note a relieved expression crossed his face. "Thank you, I know this is like a million birthday presents in one. And if she is mean to you when we are on a double-date together I can handle her myself." he said, completely serious. This would help him figure out both what was going on with Dakota, and if they could date. However, it would also help him to figure out how to make things work with Sinead without her blowing up at him whenever he mentioned Dakota. It was a big mountain to climb, but he wanted it to get to the point where they could be friends. Probably impossible, definitely a high danger of him getting hit by one or both of them, but if he was going to go for something he may as well try for the moon. Perhaps it was the romantic in him who liked watching old cheesy movies with his mom. Whatever it was, though, he knew it would be an extremely trying double date.
Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:15 am

Sinead could immediately sense Humphrey's bewilderment. Fighting the urge to roll her eyes at him again, Sinead gave him a smile, if a somewhat sarcastic one. "Humphrey, what I mean by that is..." She stopped, realizing she wasn't entirely sure how to explain it. Playing with the sleeve of her sweatshirt, she took a moment before continuing. "Look, for example, I'm wearing a skirt - obviously - but I'm not wearing it because I want people to think it's cool. I'm wearing it because I think I look cool. Because the skirt makes me feel pretty awesome. For example, you like those clothes, why?" She eyed him, not in a judging way, before completely shutting him down before he could answer. "Because they make you feel comfortable. Which is understandable. I don't get it, but I support it because they make you feel that way." When Humphrey clarified the well-good dilemma, Sinead smiled at him. With a nod, she let him know it was now all clear in her head. "Yeah. I think I'm going to start a grammar club, because many of us still don't know how to speak properly, it seems." Yes, Sinead had just admitted to not knowing something. Frowning a little at her own words, Sinead pushed the sudden feeling of shock away. She rarely admitted she didn't know, she was one of those people who was stubborn enough to say she was right even though she knew she was entirely wrong. Except now, she had publicly told Humphrey Williams that she was not always sure of her own grammar knowledge. Butts.

She mentally apologized when Humphrey pushed the book away, hoping they had formed some sort of telepathy or something along those lines since they were best friends. She glared at him as he explained, but his reasoning was too good and genuine for Sinead to comment anything rudely. Finally nodding, Sinead decided it was best to let it go. "For the record, considering the moments you took the pictures, I don't think my smiles would have been forced even if I'd been aware of the camera." She noticed his cheeks turning red, something that happened to him quite often, and smiled. Oh, Humphrey. What a baby. "But, being completely honest, it's not so much your doing. I was just there, looking awesome, and you just happened to take the picture." She joked, the moment of genuine gratitude was over. Sinead had to return to her usual self. Maybe one day Sinead would grow up and realize that having feelings wasn't as bad Aoife made it seem. Today was not that day, though.

Sinead was definitely more than offended when Humphrey raised his tone. Indignant, Sinead took a second to find the words she wanted to say. "No, you know what, Humphrey, the problem here is that you're infatuated. And don't you dare blame me. I'm not tying you to my hip, you're here on your own free will." Sinead spat. This time, her cheeks were red. Not Humphrey's. How could he possibly blame her for his own lack of interest in spending time with the Slytherin? He was around Sinead because they were best friends, she wasn't holding a gun to his head to make him stay. In a moment of pure, raw anger, Sinead raised her hand. In a flash, the palm of her small hand met Humphrey's reddened cheek, a zapping noise scaring her more than she had expected. "Maybe you should sort out your priorities, Humphrey, if you're so mad about being my friend and not hers!" She told him, indignation clear in her voice. Boys were more than stupid, Sinead had learned. Sure enough, though, Humphrey seemed to realize he was being a git and sort of took it back. Sort of. Somehow, what he had just said had hurt Sinead more than she cared - and dared - to admit. They were BEST FRIENDS, for butts' sake. If he felt bad about spending time with her, why didn't he just leave? "You asked for my opinion, you have it. I'm not stopping you, Humphrey." She said, a little calmer, watching the reddened area on his face. She had hurt him.

But screw that, he had hurt her first.

"I'm done talking to you about this." She could sense Humphrey being a git from a mile away, Sinead had a git-radar, and it was going off dramatically the more time she spent with him. So much for trying to be a good friend. Sinead looked down at her right hand, the one she had used to slap Humphrey's stupid face. A part of her hated what she had done, but another part of her - the one that was building an emotional wall around herself, was glad of what she had just done. Did she really need Humphrey? Did she really need any boy present in her life? Not really. Just Declan. He was safe. He was loyal, stable. Unlike Humphrey and Danny, who seemed to lose it every time someone batted their eyelashes at them. The highest IQs could drop in a milisecond at the sight of a girl. Humphrey's voice faded behind her mind, she was only half-listening. "I have to go..." Sinead announced, not really caring much for what he had to say. He'd obviously said it all. "I have to meet this guy - Derek - for DADA stuff." She was obviously lying. Sinead had only spoken to Derek once but he seemed like a safe option when trying to run away from a traitor best friend. "I'll send the letter and tell you his reply, yes?" Before Humphrey could say anything, Sinead grabbed her book and hopped off her seat. She was done being a teenager. As she walked to the Common Room, Sinead couldn't help the weird sensation on her right hand, as if it had somehow been that hand which had betrayed her and not Humphrey.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:05 pm

As Sinead tried to explain it in terms he would understand Humphrey began to get the idea of what she was saying. Honestly, he'd never had clothes make him feel a certain way but he thought that he got the point of what she was saying. "Well, I'm glad the skirt makes you feel awesome." he said, smiling a little. If clothes were something that made his best friend happy the least he could do was endure her talking about them. After all, she'd endured him rambling on about things on more than one occasion, and to be fair her talking about this was a lot less annoying than he could be. When she said the clothes made him feel comfortable he simply raised an eyebrow. "Sinead, these clothes don't make me feel comfortable, they're just comfortable clothes. It's not like if I wore something else I'd be more anxious or anything like that. I do get what you're trying to say, even though I haven't really experienced something like that by wearing something different." Humphrey told her. Upon hearing her mention starting a grammar club he couldn't help chuckling at the idea of Sinead with a group of students trying to teach them the finer points of grammar. It was hard to imagine people signing up for it, but he could picture her lecturing them quite clearly if they did. The other students would probably revolt after the first hour or so. "You speak quite well, though I must say others could probably use the help." he admitted with a sigh. Some of the other kids were painful to listen to.

Thinking about what Sinead said, Humphrey eventually nodded, conceding her point. In future he would let her know if he was going to take pictures, and he just had to hope they'd turn out just as good. However, it was hard to imagine his best friend looking anything but good in one now that he really thought about it. That thought reminded him of his craziness at the birthday party, when he'd imagined for a moment what it would be like if the two of them dated. Shaking his head to clear away that line of thinking, he refocused on the conversation. "Yeah, you have a point there." he agreed. Seeing her eyes flick to his burning cheeks made them redden a little more, and he simply did his best to ignore it. Maybe if he pretended it wasn't happening the blushing would stop sooner. "Exactly, I was simply taking a moment to capture the awesome of Sinead so it can't be forgotten. Nothing weird about that." he replied, laughing a little at her attempt to let him off the hook. It made him feel a little better knowing that she didn't hold it against him, and he felt himself starting to relax a more now that they'd talked it over.

Sinead was a lot angrier than he'd ever seen her, and Humphrey had to admit he was intimidated by the girl. He wasn't trying to blame him not spending time with Dakota on her though, he really just wished he had spent time with both of them instead of only her. "I'm not just infatuated Sinead, believe it or not I actually like her. And I'm well aware that I'm here by choice." Humphrey told her, trying not to let his own anger get out of control. If he had known talking to her about his idea for a double date would cause this much trouble he would have come up with a different idea for a first date. Humphrey had honestly thought that having Sinead with him would be a comfort, but even if she did agree he doubted at this point that it would be a comfort to have her there. She'd probably be mad at him for trying to twist her arm into going. This time he was brought out of his contemplation by a hard slap to his cheek. His eyes flashed up to Sinead's with a hurt look in them, shocked by what she'd just done. Has it really gotten so bad she wants to physically hurt me now? That thought caused a little moisture to appear in his eyes, but he tried to blink it away. This was one time he didn't want Sinead to see how he felt. "If you think for a second I'm mad because we're friends you really don't know me at all." he said quietly, trying not to let the hurt show in his voice. When she said she'd given her opinion he realized that she was done talking about this with him. If that was the way she wanted it than he'd figure out the rest on his own. "Alright, then. Thanks for being honest, I guess." Humphrey told her. She may have hurt him, but he couldn't fault her for not being open with him about how she felt on the matter. Humphrey sighed, knowing that he probably could have handled this situation a lot better than he'd just done.

Sinead saying she was done talking about it was kind of expected. "Yeah, i sort of figured." The red hand-print on his cheek was still stinging, but Humphrey couldn't have cared less about the pain. What he was worried about was their friendship, and if it could keep enduring this much stress on it. First the birthday thing, now this, it was like he kept messing up and couldn't stop himself from doing it. To be honest, he still didn't think he was doing anything wrong. However, whether it was wrong or not it was clearly hurting his best friend and he hated that more than anything. Why couldn't things be simple like they had been last year. Humphrey mentally cursed adolescence for making him like Dakota. Things would be so much simpler right now if he didn't. Hearing her say she had to go hurt, but he wasn't going to try and get her to stay at this point. "Yeah, of course. I'll see you later, I guess." he said, already knowing that he probably wouldn't. Humphrey knew she probably didn't want to see him at all right now. When she said she would send the guy a letter and ask he was more than a little surprised, he thought she wouldn't go now. "That sounds good." he said, seeing her already walking away from him. As it started to sink in that she really was leaving him right now he felt a sense of loss, like something between them had broken that couldn't be fixed. A few tears spilled over and he crossed his arms on the desk before laying his head on them and letting them fall. Why am I such a git sometimes? he asked himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Plans (Sinead)   Christmas Plans (Sinead) Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Plans (Sinead)
Page 1 of 1