Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Delusional (Ari) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Delusional (Ari) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Delusional (Ari) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Delusional (Ari) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Delusional (Ari) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Delusional (Ari) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Delusional (Ari) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Delusional (Ari) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Delusional (Ari) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Delusional (Ari) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Delusional (Ari) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Delusional (Ari) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Delusional (Ari) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Delusional (Ari) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Delusional (Ari) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Delusional (Ari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
::
Activity:

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Ever so slowly, the weather was starting to turn. As September faded into fall, the air grew colder and the leaves started to turn to colors on the trees. While Matthew preferred the hot, the cooler air didn't bother him much, and he still spent a ton of his time outside. Now was no different, as he hung casually upside down from the branches of a tree by the lake. As seemed to be expected now, Ari was with him, sitting on the ground staring out at the lake or doing some other boring shit that didn't involve tree climbing. "You can come up you know - this one's easy to climb, I can show you how," he told her, grinning at the way it looked like her upside down form was hanging from the earth. Really, Matthew hung upside down a lot - maybe too much. Was it possible to get brain damage from hanging upside down? Probably, and that was probably the reason he thought for the briefest of moments that Ari looked kind of nice with the sun glinting off her hair. But it was definitely only because it made her hair look more like fire. Obviously.

"You know, you'd think wizard trees would turn to more colors in the fall," he said, to get his mind onto something else. "Like purple, and blue and shit - although, I guess red and orange are the best colors anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter." Red and orange like fire. Like the sun. Like Ari's hair - and damn it, he was doing it again. Matthew honestly couldn't figure out what was going on in his head. He had hoped that maybe he was just sick or something, and becoming delusional - what else would explain how much he thought about Ari now? It was ridiculous - when he wasn't with her, he was wondering where she was. When something got brought up that could relate back to her even in the slightest, he thought of her. And possibly the most disturbing, when Matthew was with her, he couldn't stop looking at her. Not blatantly, obviously, but even now he found his eyes lingering on her a little longer than they normally would, trailing over the soft contours of her face and the way her hair covered one of her eyes and stupid shit that was absolutely not important whatsoever.

And speaking of stupid shit that was absolutely not important whatsoever, staring at Ari made Matthew's mind wander to the announcement that had been posted about the Halloween ball. Sure, Matthew had gone to parties before, but this was a ball. A formal one - and even though it was optional, Ollie had told him that he was supposed to ask someone to go with him. A girl. To be entirely honest, with this knowledge, Matthew had up until this point decided not to go at all. Better to stay back in the common room. But, probably due to his delusions and hallucinations and shit, looking at Ari now made the thought pop briefly into his head. Maybe it would be a good idea - or maybe it couldn't hurt to - No, definitely not. That would be the exact opposite of a good idea. And then Ari looked over at him and smiled, and the words were out of his mouth before he could stop them. "Did you see the announcement for the Masquerade Ball?" he blurted out. Shit.

Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 4, Madam Puddifoot's Employee

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Ari was excited for fall! Fall meant warm sweaters, house scarves, the grounds turning orange and red from the fall leaves, and most of all, hot apple cider. Ari loved hot apple cider. It was her favorite drink during this time, and she was glad that she would be able to sneak a cup from the kitchens if she asked nicely every so often to the house elves. She was still raging about care of magical creatures, and vowed not to go back. She hated that teacher. He was such an arrogant ass. And the fact that Derek was in that class made it harder. So to make it easier on Ari, she was just going to quit. She didn't care if Matthew wanted to take the class because of some thought that they would have a dragon. She was going to write a strongly worded letter to The headmaster and make sure that this teacher got at least fired. Because Ari was beyond pissed.

Today, instead of complaining, she and Matthew went to the lake. It was a beautiful day, and what better way to spend it with your best friend? Matthew was climbing trees like usual, and was begging Ari to come up with him. Ari didn't like tree climbing. The fact that she could fall ten feet to her death was NOT comforting. She said, "no. I don't want to climb that thing. I could fall and die, and so could you!" That would be heart breaking. Worry etched acrossed her face. Of course she would be scared if anybody had climbed up a tree and where at risk of death. But this was Matthew. Her heart was beating ten times faster, and she was more scared for him. And he was looking at her weird, which made her even more nervous.

Then he started talking about "wizarding trees" the idea made her laugh inside, but she looked at him thoughtfully and said, "there's really no such thing Matthew. There's only regular trees. Well there's the whomping Willow, but that's been there for years." She nodded thoughtfully. That was the only really magical tree she could think of besides plants and shit. She hated to be a party pooper to his imagination, but he needed it. He was such a child still and oblivious to things around him. Sometimes even her, and it hurt her to see that he could get hurt one of these days if he didn't change his mind set. But at the same time, she didn't want his innocence to go away. Hers had, and she missed being oblivious to certain things. Like feelings. Damn Derek for ruining her innocence.

Then Matthew awkwardly brought up the Halloween ball. She had saw the announcement, and thought nothing of it. Normally she got excited about parties, and especially Halloween. But for some reason, she wanted to focus on more things this term than partying. And she was surprised that Matthew even brought it up. If he asked her to go, that would be the only way she would. She thought this was a step in the right direction. Of what, she didn't understand. She still had to write to aunt Evelyn about Matthew to come to terms with what everything meant. The way her heart fluttered in a way it hasn't with Derek when she was with Matthew. Or like When she got overly excited to be around him. And when she felt safe when he had carried her to the hospital wing that one time when he screwed her legs up. She said, "yeah. I saw the announcement, what about it?" Ari paid more attention to her hands. Because if she looked at him, she would've blushed really hard. Because she knew where this was going. And it was exactly where she wanted it to go.

MADE BY THE AMAZING AND WONDERFUL JETTTTTTT <333
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Matthew rolled his eyes when Ari went on about not wanting to climb the tree and die. ”Oh come on, live a little, will you? I wouldn’t let you die – though I can’t promise you wouldn’t break a limb or something. And you’d better hope if you do it’s your own and not the trees, or Ollie'll go after you. Trust me, I’ve been there.” Because Ollie was weird about trees, and with him being head boy and all, Matthew was sure he’d take all of Slytherin’s points away if he found out Matthew was responsible for any more tree destruction. And now, Ari seemed to be concerned about him falling and dying, too. ”No chance of that happening,” he told her. ”I’m a pro.” And really, if there was any such thing as professional tree climbing, Matthew was entirely sure he qualified. Though most people wouldn’t think it, because of how scrawny he was, his upper body strength was nothing to scoff at. And it had literally come from years and years of climbing trees. That still didn’t mean he should have been able to make it all the way to the hospital wing that day without dropping Ari, though. After all, climbing trees didn’t involve carrying a full-sized human up three Hogwarts floors.

”I’m sure there are wizard trees somewhere,” he retorted. ”Besides the whomping willow. I mean, there’s wizard versions of everything else, so why not? And even if there aren’t, there should be,” he added. Really, Ari definitely needed to lighten up sometimes. You would think, hanging out with Matthew, that she would – but she was far too matter-of-fact on plenty of occasions. What fun was it to only care about the facts? ”Maybe we should be the first to make one. It could be a hit, and we could be rich.” Which would be pretty awesome. Matthew would buy a dragon if he was rich. ”What would you do with a million galleons, if you had it?” he asked Ari. She’d probably build a kingdom of snow and ice and pay someone to walk around singing frozen songs all the time.

Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Why would he bring that up? What the hell had possessed him to even think about mentioning it, and why hadn’t he stopped the thought from falling out of his mouth before it had? Slightly horrified at himself, it took Matthew a moment to figure out what he was supposed to say next. What had he done? Was he stuck now? No, of course he wasn’t. He’d only asked her if she’d seen it! He could play it off, no problem – that was, if he could keep himself from blurting out ridiculous things again, and keep his mind from telling him it was actually somehow a good idea. Right, he’d just make it about something else entirely. ”Ollie keeps talking about it,” Matthew lied, his voice resuming it’s normal tone. ”It’s formal, with dates and stuff, not like the normal parties – he’ll probably take Veronica,” he added, not having to force the half-disgusted way he said Vanessa’s name. ”She was over our house a lot this summer – Ollie kept inviting her.” Good cover up, he thought to himself.

But if it was so good, why did he feel so dissatisfied? Matthew risked looking back over at Ari, and frowned when he saw that she had hidden her face behind her hair and was looking down at her hands instead of at him- which bothered him, because he couldn’t see her expression. Reaching up to grab the branch and doing a kind of backflip to get himself rightside up, Matthew dropped to the ground and sat down beside her, his fingers instantly reaching down to pluck some grass from the earth. After a short internal battle, he pried a little further, trying to keep his voice disinterested sounding. ”Are you going?”

Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Break a limb or something... THAT was exactly what she meant. Ari's limbs were too precious to be broken. Then she said, "Well, I can't promise that I won't harm the tree, so I best stay right where I am so Ollie doesn't come after me." Even though Ari could've totally taken Ollie, she still didn't want to climb the tree because she didn't want to die. Ari raised her eyebrows when he called himself a pro. She said, "You'll jinx yourself if you aren't careful." Ari really wasn't superstisous in that way, but when she wasn't, bad things always tended to happen, so she wanted to make sure that he knew the risks if something bad where to happen. She couldn't help but worry since all he did was mess with fire (dangerous) and climb trees (also dangerous).

Ari laughed and said, "Yes, there should be such a thing. That would be cool." If they were to invent them, they would be rich. Just like he said. What would Ari do with a million galleons? That was a good question. She pondered on it for a moment. Surly she would use it to do good. And then spend some on herself. She needed to be happy too. She then thought of the one million things she wanted the most. She said, "I'd buy every Disney movie out there. Then if I had some left over, I would buy a house that would take me far away from my family. And then probably save the rest. What about you?" He would probably pay somebody to teach him how to bend fire, or buy a dragon or something, knowing Matthew. Or both. She smiled. He was so predictable.

She looked around her hair when he mentioned that Ollie talked about it a lot. She sighed a sigh of relief. She was somewhat scared at the direction he was going in. Some part of her wanted him to go that way, but the other half wanted him to stay far away from it. Then he talked more. Dates, formal, it would probably involve slow dancing. One thing she was terrible at. She would probably break Matthew's foot from stepping on it too much, though she didn't want to bring it up because it would be too embarrassing and he would probably end up laughing at her. She hadn't really thought about going too much, though it would be fun to dress up in a pretty dress, and see Matthew all nice and handsome. Knowing him, he'd probably wear a tux with flames on it. She said, "I thought about it. Are you going?" He was making this way more awkward than it needed to be. She just wanted him to ask her already.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:55 pm

“You worry too much,” Matthew said, rolling his eyes. I don’t care if you hurt the tree. Ollie would probably never find out – unless you make it entirely obvious it was you. I burned my name into one of the trees on the other side of the lake, and Ollie found it and his reaction was not very nice.” Matthew really should’ve thought of that, though, before he’d done it. But now, he had another thing to think about. What would he do with a million galleons? ”Easy,” Matthew said. ”I’d buy all of the fire spell books, become the world’s most powerful fire mage, and then live in a castle protected by a wall of fire and a dragon, and maybe make it a school to teach other people about fire magic and how awesome it is.” Or at least, that’s where he’d start. ”Oh, and I’d probably buy a hundred gallons of ice cream in all different flavors, too. Just because.” Though, it might melt in his fire castle. He’d just have to eat it pretty fast.

Okay, now what? Why had he kept going? He was completely in the clear – he could have so easily played it off like that was the only reason he’d said it. But Ari’s expression was strange and Matthew tried to get an idea of what was going through her head, but he couldn’t. Mostly because he didn’t normally give a shit what was going through anybody’s head and was entirely terrible at reading people.  And he really shouldn’t give a shit now. He’d be much better off if he responded with a simple no and then darted into the castle to get away from this. It would be better for him, and for Ari – but if he was so adamant about it, why not just do it? What was stopping him. Matthew stopped for a moment to really think about that question. What exactly was stopping him? It wasn’t that he felt like he had to. It wasn’t because he didn’t want to hurt Ari’s feelings, because she didn’t seem like her feelings would be hurt if he said he wasn’t going. And really, it wasn’t even because he wanted to go to the ball that badly. It sounded formal and boring.

So in the end, the only thing really stopping him was that he really didn’t want to run away. Because that would hurt Ari’s feelings. And Matthew had already accepted that he wasn’t interested in hurting Ari’s feelings. He’d accepted that they were friends. And unless he was missing something, she wasn’t going with anyone else, and she probably wanted to go but didn’t want to go alone. And he kind of wanted to go, but Ollie had said he shouldn’t go alone. And it suddenly hit Matthew that just as he’d gone from hating her to tolerating her, he’d now gone from tolerating her to actually wanting to make her happy. And as he thought back, he wasn’t exactly sure when that change had taken place. But he couldn’t deny the fact that seeing her smile was enough to make doing even the most ridiculous things, like watching Frozen, worth it. So that settled it. He was going to do it.  Because they were friends and it would make her happy. Definitely not because she looked really nice with the setting sun glinting off of her hair, or because of the fluttering sensation in his stomach.

Raising his eyes to meet hers – and maybe staring for just the slightest moment too long – he replied. ”I dunno.” Just do it. It was just to make Ari happy. But if that was the case, why did he feel like he’d be disappointed if she said no? Taking a deep breath, Matthew forced the words out of his mouth. ”I mean, Ollie’s going, but like I said he’s probably taking Veronica. So I won’t really have anyone to hang out with or anything. But I mean, I was just thinking that maybe it would be kind of fun if we – “ Damn, it shouldn’t be this hard. ”I mean, if you – came with me, it might be fun and – “ Matthew sighed, because he was pretty sure this was not going the way it was supposed to. Not that it was supposed to go any sort of way, because it wasn’t a special thing. ”Do you want to go together?” he finally said, this time the words coming out in one coherent sentence. ”It could be fun – unless you think it will be completely lame, we don’t have to.” Okay, time to shut up now. He wasn’t sure what she’d say, and he wasn’t sure what he even wanted her to say. He just waited for her to respond, because he couldn’t exactly take it back now.

Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Hurting a tree wasn't her big worry. It was Matthew's brother who didn't seem to like her all too much. She didn't understand why, she was a perfectly delightful person. So she should be well liked by everyone. Especially Matthew's brother because Matthew was the most important person in her life. So obviously, his friends and brother should like her too. But sadly, it wasn't always that easy. And Ari didn't know why. Typical Matthew would put together a school for fire children. It actually wasn't a bad idea and made a lot of since considering Matthew and his fire shit and all. She said, "You would share the ice cream with me right?" She laughed. He better share his ice cream with her, or else, she would go after him with all his Disney movies. She knew he would hate that more than watching Frozen.

The dance. She already had in mind the kind of dress she wanted. It would be long, poofy, and green. Green went well with her ginger hair. And made her eyes pop. Her mask would be black with green specks of sparkle in it to match her dress. And she would wear black ballet flats, because screw heels. Her dress would be long enough to cover her feet anyways. And she would style her hair in bouncy curls. She wouldn't bother with makeup, because well Ari had gone five years without needing it, and her natural beauty was enough. But she wondered why Matthew had even brought it up in the first place, if Ollie had been talking about it. Last time she spoke to Matthew about Ollie, he had no interest of speaking to him ever again. So what had changed? Did Matthew really want to go to the dance with her? Or was Ollie pressuring him. Because if that was the case, she didn't want to go if he REALLY didn't want too. That wouldn't be fun for either of them. And why put themselves in an even more awkward position.

But. He did bring it up. So maybe the fact that he was talking about it, did mean that he did want to go, and maybe he did want to bring her. She had never been to a formal dance before and the thought of going to her first one with Matthew would be so much fun! She would include her confusing thoughts and butterflies in her stomach in her letter with Aunt Evelyn. Ari thought a dance would be fun. But the thought of having to dance SO CLOSE to Matthew made her more nervous than him carrying her up to the hospital wing. She didn't know how to feel about this, and at the same time she was tempted to say no. She didn't want to go. She wanted to stay under her covers and hide away from Matthew and everyone else. But just looking into his eyes willed her to change her mind. He willed her to think yes. She wanted more than anything to have a romantic night with somebody she truly cared about. She was glad Derek had came after her first because then her and Matthew's relationship would probably already be ruined.

And when he did ask her, her heart leaped into her throat and she was afraid she wouldn't be able to speak. Her eyes went wide in surprise, and she honestly felt like she could throw up right there. She looked into the sunset, acting like she was in deep thought about her answer. She didn't know where that would lead them. She wanted to say yes, so badly. But would that mean they were something else? Something more than friends? But was it also something she was willing to take a chance on? She liked Matthew yes, that much she was now sure about, but did she like him enough? He was irritatingly wonderful, and sweet all at the same time. Everything she didn't have with Derek. So who knew, maybe in the end, they would work out. Maybe she could even see them having a future together. But she knew Matthew wasn't in the right mindset. He was far from the right mindset. She knew that this was just a going as friends type thing, but in her mind, she wanted something more, and she knew that now. She turned to him and smiled. She said, "Of course, I'll go with you." She took a deep breath. Now they were one step closer to them being where she wanted them to be.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 1:14 pm

In that moment, Matthew was honestly more confused than he'd ever been in his life. Because asking Ariadne to the ball was for her - because she'd probably never get asked by anyone else and she'd definitely want to go, because it was Ari and it was a ball and she loved stuff like that. But if it was only for Ari, why did Matthew suddenly feel so worried when she didn't answer right away? After all, wouldn't it be better if she said no? Then, he wouldn't have to put himself through having to take her. Maybe, he was just blowing things out of proportion. Maybe his anxiety was in hopes that she would say no. But she was seriously taking forever to reply, and that wasn't cool because Matthew was literally sitting right there waiting. And when she finally did answer, it became obvious that he definitely hadn't wanted her to say no, because he felt himself relax in relief, before stiffening again when he realized what it meant. It meant that he'd wanted her to say yes.

And now that she had, what was Matthew supposed to do? Was he supposed to seem happy about it? Or just act like it was no big deal? "Great," he said finally, though the word came out more like a question than anything, because Matthew had no idea how it was supposed to sound. "Um, I guess I'll have to get mum to send me something to wear," he said, rambling because he wasn't sure what else to do. "Which is kind of stupid, because Halloween is about dressing up in awesome costumes like fire things and I don't see how just wearing a suit and a mask counts, but at least I can make my mask light on fire or something - though, if I mess it up, it could burn my eyes and blind me and that wouldn't be very good and - " Okay, he was really rambling now.

What now? Running away would be the most appropriate response, but that probably wasn't a good idea. So, instead, Matthew lifted himself to his feet and held a hand out for Ari to help her up. "Come on, we still have that potion's assignment to do, we might as well finish it," he said, desperate for any excuse to change the subject. As he helped her up and they headed back to the castle, he couldn't help but think, What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Delusional (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delusional (Ari)   Delusional (Ari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Delusional (Ari)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Hogwarts Castle :: The Grounds :: The Lake-
Jump to: