Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Beginning of a New Life EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Beginning of a New Life EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Beginning of a New Life EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Beginning of a New Life EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Beginning of a New Life EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Beginning of a New Life EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Beginning of a New Life EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Beginning of a New Life EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Beginning of a New Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

The Beginning of a New Life Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:46 am

Selene walked along the edge of the lake, barefoot and holding her shoes with one hand. Since her arrival at Hogwarts she had not had time to remember her teen years. As she walked, she recalled the time she had found out her parents were getting a divorce. It was her third year at the Castle, she walked along the lake's shore, and she received an owl, with a letter from her dad informing her of the terrible news. Although she had never gotten along with her mother, it seemed unreal that she would walk away from them like that. After reading the letter, she had wandered off into different parts of the Castle. One of them being the Forbiddwn Forest. In there, she had felt more scared than ever before. After that night, many disturbances and detentions followed, and back then, it was her way of showing that she loved her family, as broken as it was. Now, grown up and more mature, it seemed dumb to have done that, but she couldn't bring herself to truly regret it, as she had gained a friend everytime she wandered off or got in trouble. She kept walking, lost in her thoughts and in the soft waves that accompanied her that afernoon. There weren't many students now, as most of them were supposed to be finishing homework. Suddenly, it was the cool breeze against her bare shoulders that sent shivers down her spine.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

Ambrosius was leaning against an old oak near the Lake. He admired the sun set over the endless green tree tops in the Forbidden Forest, gently caressing Luna's black feathers. A silhouette abruptly appeared to his right, walking along the shore. When it passed in front of him, Ambrosius recognized the young woman who was taking a stroll near the water. While he was heading towards her, Luna, who had been peacefully resting on his shoulder, suddenly flew away into the crisp air. "Good evening, Miss Vega." Ambrosius greeted his colleague as he approached.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:54 pm

A tall, dark figure walked toward Selene, and she later found outit was the Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor.
"Good evening, Miss Vega." He said, his voice dark and low, but with a friendly hint.
"Good evening Mister Umbranox." She responded. "How was your day?"
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:55 am

"Rather fulfilling, actually. I just finished my second Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson with the first-years." Ambrosius replied, slowly walking alongside his colleague. "Yours?"
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 am

"Rather fulfilling, actually. I just finished my second Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson with the first-years." He replied. "Yours?"
Selene sighed softly, "Well, I can't really complain. It's been hard coming back to Hogwarts after such a long time. It brings back memories, you know?" she said, "Besides, I'm finding it quite hard to talk to the other Professors here, as most of them are far more experienced than I." she admitted, a bit shamefully.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 pm

"Well, I can't really complain. It's been hard coming back to Hogwarts after such a long time. It brings back memories, you know?" Ambrosius nodded in approval. He knew exactly what she meant, as with every new day he spent at the Castle, old memories he thought long forgotten seem to resurface. "Besides, I'm finding it quite hard to talk to the other Professors here, as most of them are far more experienced than I." she added. "You should not be worried. All of our professors are quite young, and I am fairly certain that for most of them, including me, teaching is an entirely new experience." he reassured her. "Besides, from what I have heard, the students were quite impressed with your first lesson."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:03 am

"You should not be worried. All of our professors are quite young, and I am fairly certain that for most of them, including me, teaching is an entirely new experience." Ambrosious assured Selene. "Besides, from what I have heard, the students were quite impressed with your first lesson." he finished.
Selene smiled a little, "Yeah, well, I guess seeing a real-life centaur in their first year is quite nice. But, tell me, how do you manage to keep a class? I mean, these kids, they are very intelligent. I have heard quite a lot about them. For example, Mister Riddle, he may be a Muggle-born but he knows so much, and he's very talented with magic. And Miss Finnigan, well, she is incredibly good in Transfiguration." she said, then added, "Oh, but Slytherins don't fall behind, since I heard of Miss Malfoy, who is very talented in magic too, especially in your class." she took a deep breath.
"How do you teach such talented kids?" she asked him.
Advice was all she could ask for. This was her first year of teaching, and she wanted to teach her kids right.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:33 am

Ambrosius listened to his colleague enumerate the many virtues their students possessed. "How do you teach such talented kids?" she finished by asking, her voice marked with her determination to succeed as a teacher. He took a moment to think about the question while observing the night slowly descend upon the school's grounds. "Everything you have said is true. The students already seem to have an admirable understanding of magic, including those who did not have the opportunity to grow with it. Yet, I do not believe that our sole purpose as professors is to pass knowledge. Knowledge can be found in books, and students do not really need us to reach it. No, our mission is a much larger one. We must help them fully grasp what they learn here, not only in school related matters, but on a wider scale. We must serve as guides for them, as they discover themselves as well as the world that surrounds them."

He paused for a moment, in order to make sure that Professor Vega was following his somewhat abstract explanation. "Take mister Riddle, for example. As you have mentioned, he seems to know quite a lot. However, his most important problem is the lack of confidence that he has in himself. He does not believe in his abilities, which often makes him unable of fully exploiting them. Our role as teachers is to make him aware of this issue, and to assist him in overcoming it. It is the same with the others: we have to get close to them and then help them with the obstacles they may encounter, whatever their nature."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:09 am

"Everything you have said is true. The students already seem to have an admirable understanding of magic, including those who did not have the opportunity to grow with it. Yet, I do not believe that our sole purpose as professors is to pass knowledge. Knowledge can be found in books, and students do not really need us to reach it. No, our mission is a much larger one. We must help them fully grasp what they learn here, not only in school related matters, but on a wider scale. We must serve as guides for them, as they discover themselves as well as the world that surrounds them." Ambrosius explained as Selene listened carefully, paying attention to every word.
"Take mister Riddle, for example." He continued, "As you have mentioned, he seems to know quite a lot. However, his most important problem is the lack of confidence that he has in himself." Selene remembered the boy's discomfort with being called on during class, even though his answer was great. "He does not believe in his abilities, which often makes him unable of fully exploiting them. Our role as teachers is to make him aware of this issue, and to assist him in overcoming it. It is the same with the others: we have to get close to them and then help them with the obstacles they may encounter, whatever their nature."

She had never thought of it like that, and it seemed to give her more insight in what teaching was really like.
"Thank you, I really appreciate it. Honestly, I never thought of teaching like that, I always thought books and experience were all you needed, but I guess that now that you explain it like that, it's true that we, as teachers, ought to teach them more than just the book." she replied, walking along the lake.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:28 pm

"You are most welcome, miss Vega. Of course, this is but one man's opinion, and I am certain that your perception of teaching will be enriched by your own experience." They continued their lakeside stroll, the immense Forbidden Forest slowly appearing on their right. "The woods must be a real haven for magical creatures of all sorts." he remarked.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 pm

"You are most welcome, miss Vega. Of course, this is but one man's opinion, and I am certain that your perception of teaching will be enriched by your own experience." Ambrosious said to her kindly. Selene smiled, unable to find what to say next. As they walked along the lake, the Forest started to come into view.
"The woods must be a real haven for magical creatures of all sorts." he suddenly remarked.
Selene sigh, again remembering the times she spent hidden in the forest.
"Yes, it is. And not only for creatures, but for many more things, secrets, and even people." she admitted.
"Have you ever been into the forest?" she asked him.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:19 pm

"Have you ever been into the forest?" she asked him after enumerating everything that she encountered in the woods. "More times than I dare to admit." he replied. "I always considered it as a refuge, and used to venture into it when I wanted to avoid the crowdedness of the Castle. Some parts of it are really beautiful and calming, if you manage to find them." he explained. "Of course, I was also fascinated by the marvelous creatures dwelling there. Even though not all of them are always friendly." he precised, recalling some of his confrontations with dark beings. "However, I have never encountered other people." he admitted, curious about that detail.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:35 am

"Well, the forest used to be my hiding place. On the first week, when I arrived at Hogwarts, I got lost in it. After that, it became part of my life. It was where I went to wheneved I wasn't feeling well. You know, when there are things in your life like hurt you...and when my parents divorced, I left all of that in there. That's what meant by people." Selene confessed. She was glad to not be the only one who felt like that toward the forest.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:57 pm

"I am sorry to hear about your parents. It must have been a hard time for you." Ambrosius replied, trying to adopt a comforting tone. For a moment, he considered telling her about his own family, though it was a subject he always tended to avoid. The darkness of the night had now utterly covered the grounds, rendering the Lake as black as ink. "I do not think it is very wise to wander the grounds at this hour during such troubled times. Perhaps we should head back to the Castle." he suggested, glancing at his colleague.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 pm

"I am sorry to hear about your parents. It must have been a hard time for you." Ambrosius replied
"It was hard, but I got through it."
Moments later, he spoke again, "I do not think it is very wise to wander the grounds at this hour during such troubled times. Perhaps we should head back to the Castle." he suggested.
Selene glanced at him. "You're right," she said, remembering what Wade has said about his father, "We should head back." She turned around and started heading back, alongside Ambrosius.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of a New Life   The Beginning of a New Life Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of a New Life
Page 1 of 1