Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Herbology Information [MUST READ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Herbology Information [MUST READ] Empty
PostSubject: Herbology Information [MUST READ]   Herbology Information [MUST READ] EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:20 am

Herbology Information
Welcome to the Herbology Lesson Plan thread! Here I will explain all the basic need-to-knows for this class and what to expect with each level. For my first term teaching [this term], there will only be one course, Regular. First thing first, each lesson will be worth the maximum amount of points I can give. I will grade accordingly, and you receive however many points your work is worth.

There will be extra point opportunities as well. I will award a max amount of 5 points per extra credit assignments completed. They will be very simple, BUT I will require you complete the main lesson before doing the extra credit.

Onto the pass-or-fail info! You must have an Acceptable to pass Herbology! You grade will be determined by however many housepoints you earn during said year/term. Here's the grading system for my class:

Passing grades
O (Outstanding) [000-000]
E (Exceeds Expectations) [000-000]
A (Acceptable) [000-000]

Failing grades
P (Poor) [000-000]
D (Dreadful) [000-000]
T (Troll)  [000-000]

I don't care how you earn the house points. I will have random quizzes, polls, and extra credit that will help you earn the set amount you need to pass, BUT note that if you do not complete a lesson, a 5 point will be deducted from your grade. I will have a thread to keep track of house points, and all of them will be awarded at the end of the term.

My lesson plans will change as I see fit so BEWARE, and check on it when you get time if you wish to be informed on what to expect. I will write my lessons based on information gathered from the books and the harry potter Wikipedia, so if you have questions, please refer to those sources before seeking me out.

Lesson One
WIP

Nearing the end of the term/year, there will be an exam. If you pass, it will help you either get the set amount of house points needed to pass, OR just earn more for your house. It is completely optional, but I highly suggest it. I will be implementing another course [an advanced course of herbology] next term/year when I have alum from the regular class, and you will needed to have passed the exam to be eligible to take the advanced course.

I also will choose a student at the end of the term (the one that has earned the most house points) and make them a graphic and automatically give them the opportunity to get into the advanced course without signing up. They will be titled the "Herbolic" until a new one is chosen.

If you happen to take the regular then move to advance, and complete advanced, but want to take my class again, you will have to start all over from regular. This is by no means to dismiss your hard work but to keep things fresh so you do not keep bored.

Every two terms/years, I will rewrite each and every lesson. This is so the cycle mentioned in the previous paragraph will make more sense. If you have any questions about this part, please message me.

No cheating! I will set random traps to catch cheaters in the act so always be on guard! I will have a new thread for each lesson and you will post your homework in there. Once graded, I will move it to my special archive [google docs]. You may pm to ask about what you did wrong or why you missed this or that point.
Back to top Go down

Herbology Information [MUST READ]
Page 1 of 1