Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Something New (Seren) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Something New (Seren) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Something New (Seren) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Something New (Seren) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Something New (Seren) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Something New (Seren) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Something New (Seren) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Something New (Seren) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Something New (Seren) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Something New (Seren) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Something New (Seren) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Something New (Seren) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Something New (Seren) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Something New (Seren) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Something New (Seren) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Something New (Seren)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

Something New (Seren) Empty
PostSubject: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:39 am

Hunter had been back at Hogwarts for about two weeks now, and he was ecstatic to find that this term was proving to be much better than the last. At least so far. It was great to see all of his friends again - he'd had tons of fun with Ariel especially! And he and Aoife were still, surprisingly, on speaking terms. Sometimes, it even felt like they were friends again. Actually, a lot of the time, it felt like they were friends again - even if their interactions were a little awkward at times. But Hunter didn't know if they actually were friends, or if it was just easier for them to interact than to not, considering that they were in the same house and had every class together.

Despite how happy Hunter was with how things were going, some habits that he'd developed he simply couldn't shake. And he found that spending time by himself was one of them. While before, Hunter was only happy if he was surrounded by people constantly, he now had to take at least a few hours every couple days for himself or he found that he grew irritable with everyone around him. And once fell into his moodiness, he tended to snap pretty easily. So it was just better for everyone if he spent some time away from people here and there. Nobody had questioned him about it so far.

Today was one of those days, and Hunter had once again found himself by the lake, leaning against the same tree that he always sat by. It was pretty much Hunter's tree at this point - he always retreated there, and anyone who knew him knew that he could be found there if he happened to disappear. While he didn't retreat out of anger or depression anymore, Hunter normally spent his time by the lake trying to sort out his never ending confusion. As usual, it stemmed from his formerly red-headed friend - or ex-friend - who was not acting at all like Hunter had expected her to. And as much as he pushed the question from his mind, he knew that he would have to face it at some point - did Hunter still like Aoife? He honestly wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult
Seren Pierce

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Student

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Fourth year was MUCH harder than third year. Seren was already swamped with homework, and she'd spent the greater part of the first weeks of school in the library studying. Of course, Seren was found primarily in the library most of the time, but this year it seemed to be much more NECESSARY to spend so much time studying. Today was no different, and Seren sat at a large library table with books upon books sprawled out in front of her. She'd been there for hours, and her neck was starting to get sore from being in the same position for so long. But Seren HAD to keep studying!

She sighed in frustration as her eyes skimmed the text of her potions book. It SEEMED like it made sense, but Seren knew that the moment she attempted to actually BREW a potion, that it would turn out terribly. Even though the book was SUPPOSED TO TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT POTION IF YOU JUST DID WHAT IT SAID! But Seren ALWAYS did what the book said, and she NEVER got it just right. Unlike Hunter, who ALWAYS made perfect potions, even though he was COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT in every other class and didn't spend any time studying at all. It WASN'T FAIR!

Maybe Seren needed a break. And now that Seren thought about it, where WAS Hunter? She hadn't seen him since lunchtime. Packing up her things, Seren decided to take a walk outside. The air would do her some good, and it was likely that Hunter would be on the grounds somewhere. Maybe he could help her with Potions. The air brushed against Seren's face as she exited the castle and she smiled. It was a lovely day. Perfect. Serene. Then Seren took off at a leisurely walk toward the lake.

Seren was right about finding Hunter there. Of course, Seren was ALWAYS right so it wasn't much of a surprise. He was leaning back against one of the trees, and seemed to be thinking about something carefully. Seren frowned a bit, not sure of whether he wanted to be disturbed, but approached him slowly. Hunter seemed to still like her, but with he and Sheep Freak being friends again, Seren wasn't quite sure where she stood. Seren reached him and lowered herself to sit beside him. "Hi," she said, smiling uncertainly at him. "Do you mind?"
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:05 am

Hunter's thoughts were interrupted by a soft voice and a warm body sliding down the tree next to him. Hunter inclined his head until his eyes met Seren's icy blue ones. Hunter wasn't in the mood to be around people right now - he'd come to the lake to be alone - but he found that he was glad that she'd found him. When had she become one of the people who could disturb him when he wanted to be alone? Usually, Ariel was the only person that Hunter was willing to let invade his privacy. But Seren had never tried to join him before when he was seeking solitude.

Hunter was surprised to find that Seren gave him plenty of space when he needed it - before he'd gotten close with her, he'd been sure that she would be the type to cling to demand constant attention. But if his occasionally distant demeanor upset her, she'd never mentioned it. She was still the same Seren he'd always known - haughty, easily irritated when things didn't go her way, rude. But Hunter had quickly come to find that Seren wasn't a bad person. She just found very few people worth her time, from what Hunter could see.

And she was a huge part of Hunter's problem.

"Hey yourself," he replied lightly, smiling at her. She asked if he minded, and Hunter could hear a bit of uncertainty in her voice - his smile faltered a bit, but he knew why she was being so withdrawn. Last term, he and Aoife hadn't been on speaking terms. And he and Seren had grown close, openly flirting and holding hands and acting a lot like a couple - although they hadn't kissed again since the first time. But this term, Aoife was speaking to him. And Hunter was overwhelmingly confused - Aoife didn't notice, because she was oblivious. But Seren was shrewd and observant, and he knew that she could see his uncertainty concerning his ex-best friend. And Hunter knew that she was unsure of how he felt about her now that Aoife was once again in the picture.

"Of course I don't mind," Hunter replied quietly, his arm naturally reaching out to wrap around her shoulders so that she could lean against him. His head fell back against the tree and he looked up at the sky for a minute, his mind still wandering. Hopefully she wouldn't mind his silence, but she'd caught him in a thoughtful moment - something Hunter never would have thought he'd have if he'd been asked two years ago. "Done at the library already?" he asked her, looking down at her with a grin. "But you've only been there for what, five hours now?"
Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult
Seren Pierce

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:01 am

Seren felt herself relax at Hunter's easygoing tone, but noticed his thoughtful expression. He'd been doing that plenty lately, it seemed. Thinking. And though neither of them had ever said it out loud, Seren knew about what. It frustrated Seren that Aoife O'Donnell coud STILL manage to wedge herself between them. But what was most upsetting was the fact that Seren didn't think Aoife was TRYING to keep them apart. No, it was HUNTER who was still dwelling on the past. And it WASN'T FAIR to Seren to keep her in the dark!

Still, when he put his arm around her, Seren instantly sank into his side, her head falling comfortably onto his shoulder. She sighed contentedly at the warmth he gave off and looked up at him. Hunter seemed quiet and thoughtful, and Seren didn't interrupt him. She turned her gaze toward the lake until Hunter spoke again. "Ha Ha," Seren replied dryly in response. "I'll have you know that this is a very important year!" Seren stated, her tone instantly taking on a lecture-like quality. "And if you know what's good for you, you should be studying as well!" Then Seren sighed. "I only took a break because I got to potions, and I can never seem to get it right."

Sitting there with Hunter, Seren could quite nearly forget that there was a problem between the two of them. But that WAS the problem! Sometimes it felt like Hunter really wanted to be with her, and sometimes if felt like his mind was elsewhere, on a certain girl with HORRIBLE BLUE HAIR! Up until this point, Seren had kept quiet. But she had to say something eventually or she might very well drive herself insane attempting to sort it out on her own. So, pursing her lips, Seren looked away from him and questioned him in a monotone voice. "So, how is Sheep Freak these days?"
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Hunter felt the corner of his mouth turn up as Seren leaned into him. He laughed at her as she started pointing out that he should be studying, too. "Hate to break it to you, but OWLs aren't until next year," he joked. "And why would I bother studying, anyway, when I could just copy off of you?" Though he was half joking, it was a viable point. Hunter wasn't against copying off of others to get by in school. But he knew that Seren would never let him - Ravenclaw and all that. He grinned when she complained that she could never get potions right - it was nice that there was at least one subject that Hunter was better at than Seren.

Apparently, Seren had more on her mind than studying though. Because she was asking about Aoife - and Seren never asked about Aoife. Not seriously. Hunter hesitated at the question, tensing slightly, but eventually sighed and closed his eyes. He was completely aware of the implications behind the question - Seren wasn't stupid. She could see his confusion. But he wasn't sure how to answer it. "She's - I don't know," Hunter sighed, looking down at Seren with an apologetic gaze. "I just didn't expect her to talk to me. I thought we could just ignore each other from now on and it would be fine." Then Aoife had gone and screwed that all up. "I don't even know if we're friends," he admitted. "And I know that I really like you," he added softly, meeting her eyes. But he knew that just liking Seren wouldn't be enough for her - not for much longer.

He drifted off again into silence. If someone had asked him two years ago, Hunter would have said that there was no way he'd ever see a girl in a romantic way - because that was gross and weird and for teenagers. But it was a good feeling, the way his stomach jumped a little when she put her head on his shoulder. And as weird as kissing had been when he'd tried it, Hunter felt more and more like he'd like to kiss Seren again. Anyone walking past would think that they were together - that Seren was his girlfriend. But she wasn't. Was that what he wanted? And if it was, what was stopping him?

Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult
Seren Pierce

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:57 am

"EXACTLY!" Seren exclaimed, glaring at Hunter. "OWLs are NEXT YEAR! So this year's all about preparing for them. You know, figuring out what you want to do in life, deciding what classes you want to take in the FUTURE!" Seren informed him patronizingly. "You can't get a good job later on with JUST an OWL in POTIONS, Hunter!" Obviously. Seren wondered momentarily if Hunter knew this and didn't care, or just didn't know because he was SO STUPID! "If you don't get good enough grades in your OWL classes, you can't even TAKE the NEWT level," Seren finished simply, crossing her arms defiantly and staring up at him.

Seren tilted her head as she watched Hunter struggle to answer her question. It was a simple question really, and Seren was a little impressed that Hunter had the tact to take it for what it really was instead of simply blowing it off. But only a little. Seren frowned as Hunter started to respond. "Yes, I suppose it IS a bit strange that she's talking to you," Seren agreed slowly. "But you're happy about it. I can tell..." Seren trailed off, letting her words linger in the air. "You want her back," Seren added finally, pursing her lips at the thought and looking away from Hunter.

But at Hunter's next words, Seren's gaze softened and she felt her face flush. And as usual that familiar sense of confusion swept over her. Seren could never tell if Hunter meant the things he said, or if he was just particularly good at saying the right things at exactly the right times. Still, the tone of his voice melted away some of Seren's bitterness and she glanced uncertainly at him. It was strange, really. Seren was so good at being perfect that she'd even managed to convince herself.

But being around Hunter made Seren feel much less perfect than she was supposed to be. Around him, Seren felt exposed, and the way he could catch her off guard or make her smile at the most unexpected times made her feel weak. He was reckless, charming outgoing, unpredictable. If Seren was perfection, then Hunter was imperfection at it's finest. But it suited him. It made him who he was, and Seren was both afraid and excited to be drawn into it. "I really like you, too," Seren finally murmured, meeting his eyes. "But I don't know if I believe you. Not really."
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:51 am

"Yes, but this year has hardly even started yet," Hunter reminded her, rolling his eyes. "Do you really have to be such a Ravenclaw?" he added. Oh, his future. Was he supposed to be figuring out what it entailed already? No, of course not. "I'll think about my future," he assured her. "Later." Later as in, not now. Or anytime soon.

Hunter sighed and looked away from Seren when she pointed out that he was glad to be talking to Aoife, and that he wanted her back again. He was silent for a moment, running the words through his mind - was Seren right? Was that what he wanted? The answer was difficult - a mix of yes and no. Finally, he took a breath and responded slowly, still not looking at her. "I've missed her," he admitted, almost guiltily. He wasn't sure how he meant it, and he knew it would hardly put Seren at ease - but it felt like the only truthful thing that he could say at the moment.

When Seren spoke again, Hunter finally returned her gaze. And for some reason, between her icy blue eyes locked on his and the soft words escaping her mouth, he felt that not-so-strange-anymore feeling in the pit of his stomach. This term, when he was around Aoife, he had a lot of different reactions to her - confusion, regret, amusement, anger - but never this one. Not anymore. This was reserved only for Seren.

She said that she didn't believe him, and Hunter knew that he had to make a decision - that it would be wrong of him to drag this out any longer. But suddenly, he realized that there wasn't a decision to be made - not really. He knew what he wanted. Instead of answering her, Hunter's free hand came up to slip behind her neck, and he lowered his head and caught her lips in his. The first time had been awkward - he hadn't even been sure that he'd wanted to kiss her then. He hadn't known what to do. But this time, he was a little more prepared - having an older brother to explain things to you was a big help - and this time, he definitely wanted to. He'd been wanting to, even if he hadn't been willing to admit.

Hunter had almost forgotten what the first time he'd kissed Seren felt like - but he was pretty sure it wasn't anything like this time. This time, he didn't want to stop. But after a moment, he broke away from her - only by a few inches - and the corner of his mouth turned up into a half-smile. "Well, if my own girlfriend can't believe me, I don't think anyone ever will." It was casual - joking and sarcastic. But it was there. And he knew Seren would pick it up instantly. How would she respond?
Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult
Seren Pierce

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 3:17 am

Seren frowned when Hunter seemed unable to reply to her accusation. Her lips pursed as he looked away from her, and she felt her stomach drop a bit in disappointment. But when Hunter voiced his feelings, Seren glanced up at him in surprise. Her eyes scrutinized him, trying to figure out if she should be upset by his words or not. Hunter hadn't said that he wanted Aoife back, OR that he liked her MORE than Seren. He'd only said that he missed her. And that was HARDLY news to Seren, so she simply nodded and said, "Yes, I know you have."

Seren's voice was steady and casual, as though only stating that the weather was nice. Because Hunter hadn't told her anything that Seren didn't already know. Of COURSE he missed Aoife. Anyone could see that unless they were blind. IT WAS MADDENING. But not unpredictable. Seren was still slightly surprised that Hunter had admitted it out loud to Seren, but she supposed it was a good thing because it meant that he at least hadn't lied.

Seren easily met Hunter's gaze when he finally decided to look at her. Seren waited quietly and expectantly, anticipating an answer. Only, an answer never came. Because Hunter seemed to be making a habit out of catching Seren COMPLETELY OFF GUARD and kissing her at the most unexpected times. LIKE RIGHT NOW.

But this time was most certainly different from before. The last time had been so unromantic. In the MIDDLE OF THE STREET after he COMPLETELY used Seren to make sheep freak jealous! This time, they were alone, which was a nice improvement to begin with. And this time, Hunter seemed completely sure of himself. And that was nice. Seren's eyes fluttered closed when his mouth met hers, and she lifted a hand to rest lightly on his chest, her heartbeat speeding up ever so slightly.

Last term, in Hogsmeade, it was about this moment that Seren had pushed Hunter away for being THE BIGGEST GIT EVER. But there was no reason to push him away now. She didn't want to. So she let him kiss her until he pulled away on his own and started talking. She felt a smile creep across her face at his words, but ever the one to do things the proper way, Seren crossed her arms and stared defiantly at Hunter. "Is that you ASKING me to be your girlfriend?" she shot back, not one to let Hunter take such an easy way out. Of course, Seren had no intention of saying no.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Hunter wasn't completely sure what to make of Seren's reaction when he said that he missed Aoife. She sounded almost - accepting? That didn't seem right, but if she was surprised or hurt by what he'd said she didn't show it. And when he kissed her, she didn't push him away like she did before. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, Hunter had been afraid that she would - it hadn't bothered him last year. He'd been being a git, and it was sort of expected. But now, it would just be pure rejection. And Hunter wasn't really prepared for that possibility.

Luckily, he didn't have to be, because Seren didn't show the slightest hint of wanting him to stop. In the back of his mind, he wondered why he'd ever thought this was weird in the first place. It definitely didn't feel weird now. It felt normal, and he found that he actually enjoyed it. A lot. His consciousness zoned in on every point of contact between them - the warm skin of her neck under his hand, her hand against his chest, her lips beneath his. And all of a sudden, it made complete sense why other people did this. He'd just never understood before.

He didn't want to pull away - what if she said no? Then he'd never get a chance to do this again. But when he did, she was smiling, and Hunter mirrored it. He couldn't help but laugh a little exasperatedly when Seren responded in a typical Seren fashion "Yeah, it's me asking. Very nicely and politely." The hand that he hadn't moved from her neck absentmindedly entwined in her hair as he spoke. "Is that you saying yes?" But he already knew the answer - he could tell. And he was already pulling her back toward him, not bothering to wait. Hunter was pretty sure he could get used to this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something New (Seren)   Something New (Seren) Empty

Back to top Go down

Something New (Seren)
Page 1 of 1