Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) Empty
PostSubject: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:18 pm

It had been a few days since "the incident," as Hunter had taken to calling it. And it had been just as long since he'd had any kind of communication with Aoife. He'd taken to spending his time with Blake and Seren, but in truth his mood hadn't improved one bit. This whole not having his best friend thing was really starting to take it's toll on him. And it had only been a few short days. Wasn't it just last week that he was leaning against the same exact tree, by himself, contemplating the idea of asking Aoife to Hogsmeade?

And here he was again, contemplating why he was such an idiot. The air was cold, and he was probably the only person dumb enough to go out in the frigid weather, but he wasn't sure what else to do with himself. Aoife was in the common room, so he couldn't be there. Blake was in the library, and Hunter definitely didn't want to go there. So he'd wandered outside by himself and sat down so that he could be moody without it bothering his friends. After all, it wasn't their fault that he'd made a royal mess of things. But really, it wasn't just him. Aoife was the one who had freaked out. Taking a breath and leaning his head back against the tree he was sitting against, Hunter stared out at the lake where the Giant Squid was floating in the shallows and let his thoughts wander.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Ariel had been walking alone a lot that winter, because she'd been trying to do some more homework, but it really just didn't work out… She did have a lot of fun with Nina, though, and she was hoping she'd get to know Lyra and Lyn even better! But right now, she wanted to go outside. She didn't know why, but for whatever reason, the cold was tempting at the moment. She was sure she'd regret it after a while.

But she made her way to the entrance hall and left the castle through the big oaken doors. She sighed as the cold wind blew her in her face. It did feel good. Cold, but good. So refreshing. There was no air as clean and nice as the winter air. Your lungs never felt fuller. When it was warm, it was so moist that it felt like your lungs just wouldn't fill. This was never an issue during the winter.

She started walking through the snow that had made a thin layer on the green grass. She noticed that there weren't anyone outside. Well, she supposed she could relax pretty well now, then. She continued to walk, in the direction of the lake, when her eyes fell on a silhouette by the big tree. Hunter.

Ariel bit her lip. She had witnessed the scene in charms, and she had a feeling he wasn't sitting there to enjoy the cold. Even she wouldn't do that. The cold was too cold when she sat still. But walking around was nice. Not sitting still. So he was probably a bit upset. Ariel wondered if she should walk over to him, and decided that she should.

She hadn't talked to Hunter in a while now, and she really hoped he'd be all right. She made her way over and sat down beside him, not asking for his permission. If he tried to shoo her away, she wouldn't budge. People always said they wanted to be alone when they didn't. Her mother often said so, when her grandfather had gotten sick and died. But she didn't want to be alone, Darcy had told Ariel so.

"Hey," she said calmly, looking at him. He looked miserable. Other than that, though, his position would've been perfect for an artist. "What's up?" She kept her voice lightish, so that if he wanted to talk about fun things, she could do so, but if he wanted to talk serious, he could bring her down to a serious level. Either way, it'd be fine.

Spoiler:

Thanks to the awesome Hunter for all the graphics!
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:16 pm

The cold air bit against Hunter's exposed neck and face, but he ignored it. He hadn't even dressed particularly warm - he was pretty well adapted to the cold weather from growing up in Netherlands. In fact, he preferred the cold. Although even he would have to admit that he should have dressed warmer. But it was okay, because the constant chilling feeling from the wind kept him from focusing on his depressing thoughts for too long at a time.

Hunter let out a weary sigh and dropped his face into his hands. It was a strange feeling, really, to not be happy. Hunter was never like this. But after days of not exchanging one word with his best friend - ex-best friend - he was starting to wonder if they would ever speak again. The feeling of loss kept creeping up on him, as much as he tried to subdue it. Had he lost her forever?

With his head still in his hands, he didn't see anyone approaching him, and he was too distracted to notice their footsteps. It wasn't until a warm body lowered themselves onto the ground next to him that Hunter noticed their presence. He didn't know who it was, and he didn't care. He didn't feel like having company at the moment. But when a soft, familiar voice reached his ears, Hunter angled his head to look at them.

It was Ariel. And to Hunter's surprise, he found that she was a welcome sight. Ariel was probably the best company he could have at the moment. The girl pretty much radiated happiness, she was unbiased in concern to "the incident", and it certainly didn't hurt that her weird Veela magic made it a little easier to stop thinking about what had happened. Only a little bit, though. Not much. And definitely not enough.

"Hey yourself," he responded quietly, giving her a half smile and scooting over so that she had room to lean against the tree next to him if she wanted. He blew out a small, amused breath when she asked him what was up. "Oh, you know, just enjoying the nice weather. I thought it would be a nice day to work on my tan. What about you? Going for a swim or something?" Hunter knew that his response was less enthusiastic than usual, but he felt like he had to at least make an effort to sound normal. Nobody should have to bother with his problems. It wasn't fair for him to put that on his friends.

But now, he wasn't sure what else to say. And in the end, he couldn't help looking back at Ariel and asking, "Ariel, did I deserve that?" He knew that she would know what he was asking about. And the second that the words were out of his mouth, he knew it was a useless question. "It doesn't matter, really," he said defeatedly, a humorless laugh escaping with the words. "She's never gonna talk to me again."

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Ariel smiled as Hunter scooted over. That was a good sign. He wouldn't have done that if he didn't want her to stay. So she scooted closer and leaned against the tree, the only warmth coming from Hunter's shoulder. It did help though! She gave a snigger at his comment, though she could tell he wasn't feeling like himself. But if he was going to pretend to be all right, then it was fine. "Yeah, can't you see I'm in my bathin suit?" she asked with a grin.

But then he turned serious. And Ariel frowned, looking at him. It had been a few days, four or five or something, but she hadn't spoken to him. She had spoken with Aoife, but that was another matter. The girl had seemed so distraught that Ariel didn't know what she might do. Hunter was her best friend at this school, and that would never change. And Blake, but that was also not the point.

Ariel didn't have time to reply before he said it didn't matter. And that Aoife would never talk to him again. Ariel started biting the inside of her lip. What was she supposed to say? Of course he didn't deserve that, but wasn't he right? Did it matter? Would Aoife speak to him again? Ariel sighed and shook her head. "You didn't deserve that," she said softly.

She then sighed. "But this is Aoife. I mean, I don't know her all that much, but this is still the girl who doesn't like teenage stuff. She seems to not notice how teenage she is, though," Ariel added as an afterthought. "She's shying away, because it scares her. That's what my parents always say. That feelings that are strong, good or bad, are scary to very many people."

Ariel had never understood what they meant by that before now. "And… Well, I suppose she never thought she'd be scared by you and that's why she freaked out," she added with a shrug. She looked at Hunter. What if Aoife never wanted to talk to him again? She couldn't imagine a Hunter without an Aoife. It was like … like hamburger with no fries…! The thought made Ariel's skin crawl.

She looked at the lake. "Aoife will talk to you again. You'll see. It'll … probably just take some time," Ariel said, nudging his shoulder, giving him half a smile. Her smile faltered though, when she realized something that she should tell him. But she didn't want to. But she should. "But even then, it'll most likely never be the same again," she said, her voice a mere whisper, as if she said the words too loud, it would physically hurt Hunter. She studied his face, making sure she'd notice how he'd take that piece of news.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:14 am

For a moment, Hunter wished he hadn't brought it up at all. It wasn't Ariel's problem to deal with, and he was sure that everyone was tired of his strange behavior by now. He was probably the most tired of it out of everyone, but he just didn't know how to make it stop. And though Blake and Seren were there for him, he knew that both of them were smug about what had happened. Neither of them had liked Aoife. And that bothered him.

Aoife would have been able to cheer him up, no matter what, if the situation were different. That wasn't possible now. But when Ariel started talking, Hunter quickly realized that she was the next best thing and was glad that he had confided in her. Her soft voice soothed his frustration slightly, and he found himself focusing on the warmth she radiated rather than the freezing air. Hunter was surprised by how much she had to say about the subject - he had half-expected her to brush it off in order to stay on easier subjects.

He didn't respond when she said he didn't deserve what happened. It didn't matter. But Hunter listened intently to her next words, his gaze locked on a piece of wood floating out on the lake. He sighed as she pointed out Aoife's feelings about teenage things. "Of course I know that," Hunter said. "Of all the people to like, it had to be her."

Why couldn't he have started liking someone like Ariel instead? How was it possible that there was a perfectly normal, magically beautiful girl sitting next to him, and he could only think about Aoife? How had he brushed aside the fact that Seren - who was in all fairness just as pretty as Aoife - had seemed interested in him since they'd met, and yet he'd wanted to ask Aoife out instead. Hunter wondered momentarily if he really was going crazy. He suddenly wished that he was home, because Jack would know what to do.

But Jack wasn't here. Ariel was. And it turned out that she actually had a lot of insight on the situation. Strong feelings are scary... She never thought she'd be afraid of him. And without really meaning to, Hunter wondered out loud, "And whose feelings is she afraid of? Mine or hers?" Another pointless question. Clearly, she had no feelings, or they wouldn't be in this situation.

Ariel said that Aoife would talk to him again, given enough time. Hunter had enough energy to return her smile - after all, she'd given him her time. She deserved at least something from him. But it was her next words, drifting across the small space between them only as a whisper, that mattered. It'll never be the same. Hunter let a defeated sigh escape, and let his head drop into his hands again. "No, I guess it won't," he agreed weakly. They would never be able to be the way they were. He would never have Aoife back again - not the same way as before. Suddenly, the severity of what he'd done hit him - he'd lost his best friend forever. "I've ruined everything."

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Ariel pursed her lips. It must hurt. Having your best friend turn your back on you. She didn't know what that felt like, and she hoped she'd never have to. Hunter and Blake, they meant a lot to her, she didn't think she'd stand if they turned her away. Ariel sighed and let her eyes look up onto the naked branches of the tree above them. How cold it must be for the tree. So naked with no heat to comfort it. Trees were cool. Survivors. But cowards. When the going got tough, they withdrew into themselves and didn't make a sound before the cold part was over and they decided to join the world again. Hunter wasn't like that.

Aoife wasn't like that either. So Ariel was fairly certain that they'd manage to move on from that point. The question was where that relationship would end. "Maybe it isn't that weird?" Ariel tried. It wasn't weird that Hunter would start to like Aoife. What was weird was the fact that Aoife didn't seem to like Hunter. That was weird.

Ariel blinked thoughtfully a few times, her forehead creasing a bit. Which feelings were Aoife afraid of? She thought about her talk with Aoife, and how the girl had screamed into her pillow. Had she only been angry? No, her eyes had been frustrated when Ariel entered. "I don't know," Ariel admitted softly, wishing she was, like, an incredibly insightful girl who just saw everything. But Darcy had once told Ariel about such a girl, and that girl hadn't been very friendly. So, rather friendly and stupid, than cold and smart. She thought it might be both, though, but she didn't want to voice it. She knew that false pretenses and hope was probably one of the worst things she could give him right now.

Watching his defeated face fall into his hands made Ariel really sad, and she could see her haircolor darkening in the corner of her eyes. She grit her teeth, not really knowing what to do, and ended up putting her hand on his arm. "Don't say that. You don't know that," she said softly, "Things could work out, you know. Even for the better. I mean, I- I know it's not going to happen anytime soon, but we don't know. Life changes so much. We don't know."

She was trying to make her words make sense, because they did, in her head, but they didn't sound sensible. They sounded like a poor lie. But it wasn't meant as a lie. But she couldn't make it sound believable. She didn't know how to. So she leaned her head back again and looked up at the naked tree. It would be easier to be a tree.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Hunter looked over at Ariel when she suggested that it might not be that weird and sighed in frustration. For the hundredth time that day. "I tried avoiding her," he admitted quietly, grabbing a handful of snow from the ground and absentmindedly balling it in his hand. He still hadn't learned that spell that Jennifer Moss had used his first year to freeze them. He could probably do it now, if he felt like trying.

"It was just too weird being around her, and I thought for sure she'd catch on, so I just started ignoring her, and getting frustrated with her. I wouldn't have ever brought it up, but I was already hurting her feelings. I thought it would be better to tell her that I liked her, than to have her think I hated her." That had backfired pretty badly on him, hadn't it? Then, feeling the need to justify his intentions further, he went on. "And I didn't only ask her because she looks different," he added a bit sharply, his tone more irritable than before.

The comment actually sounded like something normal Hunter would say, rather than depressed Hunter. And just acting like himself again, even if by accident, gave him a small boost of confidence. Looking back, the way he'd said it could almost be taken comically, though he hadn't quite meant it that way. Either way, it made him feel a bit better. Enough that when Ariel replied to his question with an "I don't know," Hunter managed a a half-grin in her direction and retorted, "Well, what good are you, then? You may have magic Veela powers, but you're quite useless." It was probably the first light-hearted thing Hunter had said without trying.

It didn't last too long, though. Amusement just wasn't something that he was interested in right now. But at least he'd had a moment of it - a small sliver of normalcy in his otherwise ruined life. Ariel was telling him that he may not have ruined everything. That it could change for the better, somewhere down the road. Hunter wasn't sure what to say in response, because in truth he wasn't sure what he wanted anymore, other than to go back to second year when it was much simpler. But her words stuck in his head once she'd said them.

Instead of saying anything, he sat in silence for a moment and lifted his hand to inspect it. It was healed, of course, but there was still a scar from where the skin had broken. "Did you hear I punched a door?" Hunter asked Ariel, his tone a mix of indifference and amusement. She'd probably think he was going crazy, as it had nothing to do with what they were talking about. "Logan could have kept it from scarring, but I thought it looked kind of cool, so I kept it."

Hunter glanced over at Ariel, and noticed that her hair was darker than before - still blonde but only just. That was strange. She still looked just as nice, though. "Have you always been able to do that?" Hunter asked her, reaching out to pick up a lock of her hair and inspect it. "Can all Veelas do it? Or is it a spell?" Hunter had noticed it before, but he'd never said anything about it. It was always small changes, and sometimes he thought he was imagining it. But this time he knew it was real. It would be nice to talk about something normal for a bit, anyway. Even if being able to change your hair color at will wasn't exactly normal in the slightest.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Ariel blinked. She hadn't thought he'd be this open about it all. Now he obviously regretted everything he'd done. She watched the snow get squished in his hand. He seemed to be trying to justify why he'd said it all. Ariel didn't understand why. She thought it was completely all right for him to say what he'd said. He didn't need to justify it to her. But maybe he was really trying to justify it to himself.

Ariel was thinking of something to say when Hunter added another sentence that was much sharper than the others. She gave a slight smile. Of course he hadn't asked her on a date just because she was wearing lipstick. Aoife wasn't stupid enough to think that, was she? She might've said it then, but she knew it had nothing to do with the lipstick. At least Ariel hoped so.

She stared at the lake when he replied to her. She frowned at first, thinking he was still mad, and now let his anger rub off on her, but then she recognized that light, sarcastic tone he often used normally. She grinned back at him, feeling better seeing him as a normal Hunter. "Shut up," she said, sticking her tongue out at him.

But it didn't last at all. Soon the amusement in his eyes turned dull and she sighed again. She let him muse for a while, not wanting to disrupt him. But then he was studying his hand, and Ariel could see a white scar trace it. She was about to ask what had happened, when he said what had happened. She stared at him incredulously for a moment as he told her how Logan (whoever her was) could've healed it without the scar, before she snorted and couldn't hold back a laugh. "You punched a door?" she asked, still incredulous. She laughed again and then took a deep breath to steady herself. "You retard," she said softly, shaking her head. She didn't often call people names, but she was pretty sure Hunter could cope.

Ariel blinked and then smiled as Hunter took a lock of her hair. She shook her head. "It's not veela magic. It's actually from my father's side. He's a metamorphmagus, and so am I," she said proudly. She liked being a metamorphmagus. Being a veela was weird. People stared, and it was no fun about it. But being a metamorphmagus… that was fun. "Hey, watch this!" she said happily, which made her hair turn bright blonde again, and turned away from him.

When she turned her face back to him her face had turned scale-like and her eyes were completely red, her nose breathing smoke. It probably looked weird. A dragon-face with long, blonde hair...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 am

Hunter laughed as Ariel stuck her tongue out at him. It was something that Aoife would do, but it felt so - so normal - that it still managed to lift his spirits. He watched her reaction as she took what he'd done, and raised an eyebrow as she didn't seem to believe him. "Sure did. Just about crushed my hand - apparently, Hogwarts doors aren't exactly made out of plywood. A shame, really, because it would have been much cooler if I'd punched through it. Much more manly, you know?"

"Hey!" he exclaimed, feigning hurt and pushing Ariel jokingly when she insulted him. "Really now, there's hardly any need for that, is there?" Ariel's laugh was contagious, and he felt a rush of gratitude for her presence fill him. He hadn't felt this - not-miserable? - in a while. And he hadn't realized how much it had been draining him. She was very refreshing company, and he really owed her for joining him.

"Thank you," he said sincerely, looking back over the lake again. He could just make out a tentacle of the giant squid sinking down below the water. "You know, for listening." That sounded way too cliche and boring, like something that someone would say in a movie. That wasn't like Hunter at all - next, he'd be evaluating trees for deep emotional meaning or something stupid like that. "I owe you a pack of butterbeer," he added. "Though it won't be long until you can get your own, and then I suppose you won't need me anymore."

"A metamorphagus," Hunter repeated. "I've never even heard of that before. Is Darcy one, too, then?" When Ariel said "watch this" as though she was going to pull some awesome stunt, Hunter had been expecting her to do something really cool like turn her hair blue. Or something. But he definitely did not expect her to turn her face into a fire breathing dragon. "ARGH!" Hunter exclaimed when she turned to face him again, scuttling away from her. In the process, his hand slipped, and he fell into the snow on his side. And then he took in that her hair hadn't changed, and it looked so weird that he was laughing again. "A little warning would have been nice!" he exclaimed, grabbing a handful of snow and tossing it into her dragon-face. "That was not what I was expecting!"

He'd thought she meant that she could change her hair color and eye color and stuff. Not that she could shapeshift into whatever the hell she wanted to. "So you can look like anything? he asked her incredulously, his eyes wide. "Anything at all?" That was too cool. "I wish I could do that. I'd look like someone different every day and confuse the hell out of people!"

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Ariel raised an eyebrow as he explained how it had happened. "Punching a door, huh? The new smart thing Hunter does for fun," she joked sarcastically, and then sighed. "And yes, much more manly," she added agreeing with him, "You're not man enough, Hunter." She winked at him, to show she was joking. Putting down his manliness on a more serious level might make him even sadder.

She felt quite happy when he was grinning along with her. He seemed very Hunter-ish in those moments. But it settled into something serene, but less Hunter-like. So much so that it was almost hurtful. Ariel shook her head. "Of course I am! Seriously, don't mention it," she said softly. Of course she listened to him. He was her friend! Something about the way he said she wouldn't need him anymore made her glare angrily at him, but it quickly passed. "I'll always need you. I mean, if you owe me a pack of butterbeer for every time I help you, I'm gonna be saving loads of money! Butterbeer is the best, but nothing is better than free butterbeer!" she said wickedly, grinning at him.

Ariel shook her head. "Nope, just me. Not everyone gets the gene," she said, sounding gleeful.

As Hunter was faced with her morphing, she started laughing like mad, falling to her side in a fit. She couldn't stop laughing for a long time and had to take deep breaths continuously to try to calm down. She continued to chuckle as she got up again and leaned against the tree. "I haven't laughed that bad in a while," she said with a big dragon-like grin, "And of course it wasn't! That was the whole idea. I could just have turned my hair blue or something, but that's just boring." She sniggered and took another breath, to keep herself from breaking into another laughing fit as her face morphed back to normal Ariel-style.

Ariel nodded. "Yup," she said smilingly. But she shook her head slightly as he suggested the last part. "I can do that, but it's not a spell where you only have to focus on the spell in total. You have to focus on every muscle, every bone, and keep it like that. I mean, it's loads of fun to freak people out, but it takes a lot of energy. I can't hold a face for longer than five minutes, and definitely not their whole body," she said with a sigh, "That would be so exhausting. The hair is all right, though. You just have to think about the color, and it happens. Hair and eyes and everything with colors are easy."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Hunter snorted slightly in amusement at Ariel's sarcastic comment. "Well, I never claimed to be smart, did I?" he said with a shrug. "If I was smart, none of this would have happened." But would that have been any better? If Hunter had just kept it to himself and not said anything? Or would he just continue to resent Aoife for his confusion and frustration for the rest of the time he knew her? Maybe, if he waited long enough, she would have said yes. Or at least said no a bit differently. But it hardly mattered now.

In truth, Hunter hadn't realized how good of a friend Ariel was until this moment. Aoife was his best friend - well, she used to be. And so was Blake. But now, he realized that Ariel was just as important. And that he really needed someone like her right now. Something about the way she said she would always need him brought a smile to Hunter's lips. Even if she was just joking. It was nice to hear somebody say that, especially now when he felt as though he couldn't bring anything good to anyone with his presence."I guess I better start saving up, then," Hunter joked. "Because I tend to get myself in trouble more than the average person, if you haven't noticed."

Hunter glared at Ariel as she fell to her side in laughter. "Yeah, go on, laugh away!" he said sarcastically, still staring at her incredulously as she hadn't returned to her normal face yet. "Yeah, well, I would've found that pretty cool before you decided to turn into a monster instead!" Hunter told her, watching with interest as her face morphed back to normal. It was really strange to see it shift, but before long she was the same happy, blonde girl that Hunter knew.

He listened curiously as Ariel explained the mechanics of being able to change her appearance. "Well, it's still the coolest thing that I've ever seen," Hunter said matter-of-factly. Being muggleborn was so unfair, because it meant that Hunter didn't even have a chance to get any cool magical powers like that! Of course, other than that, Hunter never minded coming from a muggle family. Best of both worlds and all that. "Your hair changes without you telling it to," Hunter observed. "I always thought I was just imagining it, but when you get excited it's brighter - or was I just imagining it?"

Hunter sat for a moment thinking before speaking again. "Have you heard of an animagus?" he asked her, turning to look at her. "People who can change to animals and back. I've thought about trying to learn how - I mean, when I'm older and everything." It was supposed to be incredibly difficult - it was one of the few things Hunter had taken the time to look into on his own. "Have you ever met one? Since you grew up with wizards?"

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Ariel nodded in agreement to Hunter's rhetorical question, but the light grin on her face faded as he continued on. She sighed. "Well, at least you're brave," she said with a light shrug, smiling softly at him. "Not many people would dare to do what you did." She hoped he didn't take that the wrong way. He shouldn't. People were afraid of emotions. Hunter wasn't. That was rad.

A smirk was soon placed on her face again as he said he'd have to save up some. Ariel nodded eagerly. "Yes, you do do that! I will keep you to your word," she said mischievously. "Oh, maybe I should figure out a spell that binds a verbal agreement!" Ariel exclaimed, immediately grabbing her diary and scribbling it down in her book. With a muggle pen. She found it was easier with those pens when it came to her diary. Then she managed to write it down before she forgot it again.

Hunter's glare only made Ariel's giggling last longer. He was so weird! And she rolled her eyes. "That's just because you've got no imagination!" she said wickedly. She was finding this conversation much more fun than she had expected. Not that it was a bad thing either way. She just wanted him to know that he could count on her.

"Well, thanks!" she said happily, grinning at him, "It's the one gift about myself that I really like." She didn't mind being a veela, but it really wasn't the most fun of things to be. And she liked fun. A veela was just something she was. She looked out at the lake as he continued talking. She nodded distantly, before looking back at him again. "No, it does. It grows darker when I'm angry or upset, but brighter when I'm really happy. One time, my hair was completely white. That was weird," she randomly stated.

Ariel titled her head to the side as Hunter started talking about animagi. She wondered what it was, but he soon told her. And she shook her head. But then she frowned. "I don't … think so. Maybe," she said, staring up at the sky with a concentrated face. "My dad had a friend, but I'm not sure if he was an animagus or a werewolf," Ariel said lightly, beaming at Hunter when she turned to look back at him. "But isn't that really difficult?" she asked curiously, "How do you even do it?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: So I figured we could end this with this post or your next one! Hope that's okay!!   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Typical Ariel, always finding a way to look on the bright side. He wasn't smart, but at least he was brave. And she was right, he was brave - but at a price. "Well, sometimes I wonder if I'm only brave because I'm not smart enough to know any better," he said, trying his best to keep his voice light. Now that the conversation had turned around, Hunter really didn't want it to become depressing again. "Thanks," he added when Ariel said most people wouldn't do what he'd done. Then again, most people didn't ruin everything either, so he wasn't sure if that was so much a good thing or a bad one.

Hunter raised an eyebrow at Ariel when she mentioned an agreement spell or something and pulled out a book, which she began hastily writing in. "What's that?" he asked curiously, leaning over her a little to try and make out the words out in it - he didn't consider the fact that it might be private. It didn't matter, because he didn't get a chance to read a single word before she'd put it away again. "And I hope you don't think I'd actually let you enlist me in some magical contract that forces me to buy you butterbeer," he added with a grin. "I don't trust you that much."

"Imagination," Hunter repeated a little incredulously, shaking his head in amusement. "So you're telling me that I didn't expect you to turn your face into a dragon because I have no imagination." Yes, that was clearly the problem.

He tilted his head when Ariel said that being a metamorphagus was the one thing she truly liked. "Well I can see why. I'd kill to be able to do that." In reality, Hunter felt pretty sure that the pretty blonde sitting beside him would find her Veela qualities more useful over time - though for the first time, he realized that they could be a burden just as much as a gift. After all, if every guy was attracted to her, how was Ariel supposed to know who actually liked her when she got older? Not that it would happen if Hunter had any say in the matter - Ariel was far too good of a person to be taken advantage of because she was a Veela.

Hunter snorted as Ariel said she didn't know if her father's friend was an animagus or a werewolf. She didn't seem to know any more about them than he did. "Well, that's a pretty big difference," he told her with a grin. "And animagi can change into animals whenever they want - werewolves can't." How did one actually become an animagi? "Er, I don't actually know," Hunter admitted with a shrug. "I though about getting a book about it from the library, but then I remembered that, as a rule, I don't go in the library." Not unless he absolutely had to. "But yeah, it's supposed to be really hard to do."

Hunter took a breath of the icy air, falling into a short silence. The cold was slowly starting to creep in on him, and he felt as though he'd already pushed the limit of hypothermia by staying outside as long as he had. And he was feeling much better than when he'd sat down in the first place thanks to Ariel - not to mention, she had to be freezing, too. "Come on," he said to her with a smile, getting to his feet. He grabbed Ariel's arm and lifted her up with him. "Having a butterbeer in the common room sounds a little warmer than this, don't you think?" he said, offering his arm to her in a joking manner. He'd had enough of the cold.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Ariel looked at Hunter and gave him a shrug. "Well, one can't have it all," she said lightly, thinking there probably wasn't a point in trying to contradict him. She gave him a smile when he said thanks. Ariel really meant it. There were too many people who were too scared to reveal their feelings. And though Hunter might not have gotten the best experience out of it, what Aoife had done was likely to be the worst response he'd ever experience.

As Hunter leaned closer to look at Ariel's book, she gave him the stink eye when she packed it back into her sack. "You won't get to see it, it's my journal. And you might be in it," Ariel said, straightening back up and sticking her tongue out at him. "And for such an intricate spell, don't think I'd waste it on a simple butterbeer-deal," she added. And that was saying a lot, because Ariel loved butterbeer.

Ariel simply smirked and nodded at him. "That's exactly what I'm saying," she said over-confidently, "Because you should know me enough to realize that when I say something awesome, I mean something awesome. And, no, haircolor isn't considered awesome. Though turning your hair blue is kinda funny. And cool. And maybe a touch of awesome. But you know what I mean!"

She laughed. "I know that. Well, that's basically all I know. Just, my dad never specifies what animal it is, just that 'he changes shape'. So it could be an animagus or a werewolf. I wouldn't know," she said looking thoughtfully up into the air. Then her eyes snapped towards Hunter again. "Oh come, that's a stupid rule! Haven't you seen those awesome chessboards they have in one of the corners? And it's right next to my scene! And I would offer to get that book for you, but now I won't, because you have a stupid rule and you should break it," she said stubbornly. And she totally believed him when he said it would be a hard thing to do.

They fell into a comfortable silence that reminded Ariel of where she was. Her ass was getting cold. Her nose was almost snotty. She was almost a hundred percent sure that she had one of those long, big drops hanging from her nose, like in cartoons. She could maybe produce it if she wanted to, but even she thought that was a bit disgusting. And then Hunter was standing, saying 'come on' and she was dragged to her feet. Her feet. She couldn't feel them! "My toes are frozen!" she exclaimed unhappily and clung to Hunter. "I'm gonna fall!" she said shock-stricken. And she nodded vigorously. "Yes. YES IT DOES!" she shouted, trying to squeeze her toes and placed one foot in front of the other as they walked into the castle.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)   When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel) Empty

Back to top Go down

When Life Hands You Lemons (Ariel)
Page 1 of 1