Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Minister for Magic

Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) Empty
PostSubject: Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve)   Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Genevieve Decelle seemed like a pretty good department head. She was clever, she had experience and she was pretty enough to make other countries be friends with the English Ministry. Also, she spoke loads of languages, from what he'd seen in her job application. Hopefully she spoke good English, because he didn't know any French. He had been quite busy recently and had assumed she had too, as they hadn't yet had the opportunity to meet one another.

Wearing one of his nice suits and his snazzy little bow tie, he strutted along the corridors, occasionally greeting employees he passed. It was nice being the Minister. He was important and everyone knew him. He'd always wanted to hold this position. It wasn't a surprise he had it with his crazy awesome-ness and amazing fashion sense. Not many people wore bow ties or neon tracksuits or bright yellow shirts or cool hats.

Jeremy knocked on the door of Mademoiselle Decelle's office lightly, not wanting to get on her bad side by barging straight in without warning. She could be in a meeting or anything. He slicked back his hair and adjusted his bow tie so it was at a nice, jaunty angle, so he was presentable and ready to meet the pretty French lady properly.

PostSubject: Re: Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve)   Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Being Head of Department of International Magical Cooperation was hard. Especially saying the name. The names of departments in the Ministry of Magic were so long, and sometimes Genevieve got frustrated with them. Too long and hard. Why not 'Department of Friend-liness' or 'Department of Being Friends with Other Cool Countries'? Yeah, those seemed friendlier! Instead, the Ministry of Magic made everything sound serious. Not that she didn't take her job seriously, she just wished that she could have a laugh once in a while. But she couldn't, as her job just needed work. Work, work, work. Genevieve's been at it for about two years now. At least it gave her something to do.

She was in her office, taking her lunch break. It was only about fifteen minutes, but it was usually enough. Genevieve was eating a doughnut, chocolate and sprinkles, trying not to get it all over her work outfit. With her blazer set on her chair, Genevieve felt confident and pretty in her serious-looking dress. A lot of business women wore stuff like that. At least, on the telly they did. Yes, she owned a telly. Muggle television was fantastic, even though she had never exactly met any Muggles. She needed to know about Muggles, though, in case she ever had a job that involved Muggles. The doughnut was delicious, though. It was a shame she only had one, but Genevieve wanted to keep her figure and not eat too much sweets.

About five minutes before her break was over, there was a knock on her door. "Pond, if zat's you- for the 'undredth time, I can't 'ave zat meeting today, I'm me-" Genevieve started talking as she put down her doughnut and walked over to the door, stopping only when she opened it. It wasn't Mr. Pond. It was the Minister of Magic himself. "Oh, 'ello Sir Minister!" She hadn't met the Minister properly yet, and she wondered why he was her. Being polite, Genevieve moved aside and gestured inside her office. "Come in, Monsieur!" she said brightly. How rude it would be if she was rude to the Minister of Magic! But Genevieve had good practise with being nice to Ministers and others with higher positions so she felt confident.

"'ow can I help you, Mister Rufford?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Minister for Magic

PostSubject: Re: Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve)   Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Jeremy, leaning against the door frame in that nice, cool way, found Genevieve saying something about denying Pond a meeting rather amusing. He was about to introduce himself or something, but the woman had come to the door herself and opened it for him. "Good afternoon, Miss Decelle...I hope I'm not disturbing you?" Whether he was or not, he made his way straight into the office, looking around. It was nice, tasteful, professional, well decorated. The partly-eaten doughnut on the desk was a nice touch. Not as big and grand as his nice big Minister for Magic office, though. Otherwise, it was a nice office. "What a wonderful office you have." Oh, that sounded a bit patronising. He hadn't meant for it to.

Now, why was it he was here? And how did he put it in a way that didn't make him sound like a village idiot? "I came to check how your department is working," he nodded, pleased with the answer. "I hope you haven't been experiencing any problems with employees or the people you're ... co-operating with, but if you are, now is the time to bring them up." But who would want to disagree with this lovely, nice, polite French lady? Only someone stupid and ridiculous. He was sure there would be no problems, as he had faith in this woman, but it was the Minister-y thing to say. He never knew, Switzerland could be disagreeing with them about something.

Being the prepared and very intelligent man he was, Jeremy had brought some coffee with him in a nice paper cup from the Munchies café, his permanent supplier of morning coffee. And all-through-the-day coffee, since it was about lunchtime now. He took a sip, wincing slightly at it being hot. Who knew coffee could be so hot? His tongue was burning. It hurt. Ouch. But he had to keep his manly exterior, so swallowed and smiled at Miss Decelle.

PostSubject: Re: Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve)   Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve) Empty

Back to top Go down

Snazzy Bow Ties and Lots of Languages (Genevieve)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Ministry of Magic :: Ministry Support Service :: Department of International Magical Cooperation-
Jump to: