Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Foreign students EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Foreign students EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Foreign students EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Foreign students EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Foreign students EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Foreign students EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Foreign students EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Foreign students EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Foreign students EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Foreign students EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Foreign students EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Foreign students EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Foreign students EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Foreign students EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Foreign students EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Foreign students

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

Foreign students Empty
PostSubject: Foreign students   Foreign students EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:52 am

Sometimes people need to have some additional students for their mini-plots, but they need some older students, not first years, and none of existing characters can help. I strongly against allowing people to create students older than first year, but I think "temporary" students can be allowed. I think some kind of exchange program can be a good excuse.

Why I don't support older student creation:
1) Created students have lame background, because they didn't interact with any of existing characters for several years. Not in a single thread. (This can be fixed by some background notes, but it's still lame)
2) It discourages players from developing existing characters. If the only way to get a sixth-year is to RP through five previous years, players would stick to their characters and not abandon them.

Why foreign students are fine:
1) They don't have lame "I've been studying at Hogwarts for 5 years and haven't talk to anybody once" backgrounds. Because they studied in another school.
2) They don't discourage players from developing their main characters. I think exchange students should stay at Hogwarts for half a term. It's not a long time, so people still need to have "normal" characters for using them in long-term plots and building complicated relationships.

Some other advantages of these students:
1) Zey can 'ave adorable accents.
2) They can use their Hogwarts habits ignorance as a part of some plots. ("Ve can hold veapons at Durmstrang!" "We can drink vine at Beauxbatons!")
3) They can use their language problems as part of some plots. (What does 'inflammable' mean? Maybe 'heat before use'?)
4) They can use their foreign status as part of some plots. (Good work for International Cooperation Department)
5) In special years they can take part in the Triwizard Tournament. (I would like to see the Tournament idea implemented, by the way)

After leaving Hogwarts, these students can still be used:
1) They can become pen friends. It's much more fun to correspond with someone who is really far away and you have no chances to meet them except summer and, maybe, Christmas holidays.
2) More interesting summer threads (and maybe Christmas ones).
3) Some of them can graduate or get expelled and move to the Great Britain as adults or outcast wizards (like Hagrid)
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

Foreign students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign students   Foreign students EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:15 am

I think this is a brilliant idea. I'll think about the Triwizard Tournament one though, because I don't know how it would happen. But the foreign students is great. I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

Foreign students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign students   Foreign students EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 5:34 am

I like it as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

Foreign students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign students   Foreign students EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:43 pm

I really like the idea, only thing is that I don't think it would be hard for a fifth year to never have talked to all the other students, even if they had attended Hogwarts, but not RP-ed it. Keep in mind that Hogwarts is a rather massive school, and that, for example, Harry didn't talk much with his fellow Ravenclaws, and barely Parvati and Lavender of his own house. But I don't think it would be a good idea, because then people can simply make their character a fifth year, and there will be severe lack of first years and so on. Therefore, I really like the foreign thing. Though maybe a maximum number? If the school is suddenly crawling with foreign students, it'll be sort of … unreal?

But if we do what Evan suggests (at least, what I think he suggests) that foreign characters can only be made for a plot to another character, then I think it'll be contained and work pretty well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

Foreign students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign students   Foreign students EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:54 pm

@ Wade, Triwizard Tournament is not a real priority. But it can be made easily, I think. No need to create any additional forums.
1) Announcement
2) Welcome ceremony (optional)
3) Goblet of Fire thread
4) Simple task thread(s)
5) Yule ball (optional)
6) Goodbye ceremony (optional)
But the Tournament isn't so important for the site, I think. I just pointed out that having the foreign students experience would make the Tournament organization much easier.
This event can be used in combination with the main plot as a good way for Dark Wizard to get into Hogwarts, for example, because there are lots of new people.

@ Morgana, Foreign students don't have to be made exclusively for some plot, but I think no one is going to create one without a real reason, because I find it sad to see your character go.
I also don't think many students are created, so no limit is necessary. If it turns out I'm wrong and there are suddenly lots of them, we can make some limitations. But I don't think we'll need that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foreign students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign students   Foreign students Empty

Back to top Go down

Foreign students
Page 1 of 1