Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Under the Celestial Dome EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Under the Celestial Dome EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Under the Celestial Dome EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Under the Celestial Dome EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Under the Celestial Dome EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Under the Celestial Dome EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Under the Celestial Dome EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Under the Celestial Dome EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Under the Celestial Dome

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

Under the Celestial Dome Empty
PostSubject: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Maya stood shivering while she waited for Evan to join her. She was glad that she wore her cloak and wrapped it tighter around her. She supposed it was so cold as there was no cloud cover, which was perfect for stargazing, just not comfortable. She wondered if she was doing the right thing in completing the assignment with Evan. There had been some drama in their previous class together, namely involving one of her good friends, Kynan. He was left pretty bruised afterwards and was unsure if he would be offended if he knew that she was completing the assignment with Evan. Maya needed help with though so she pushed these thoughts from her mind and just hoped that Kynan never found out about it.

Maya began wondering if Evan had given much thought to the topic they were supposed to be studying. As, thus far, she wasn't having much luck with it. She had visited the library but motivation eluded her and she had been distracted too easily. She hadn't bothered venturing into the library since. They were supposed to be studying the sky and what it had to offer. She had chosen a spot beside the lake and hoped that Evan would be able to find her here. It was odd being beside the lake at this time of night, an eerie feeling crept over her as the slight waves lapped silently. Not that it made much difference if she could see the surface of the lake, it was so deep that it was a rare sight to see any occurrences of creatures emerging from the lake for any period of time. She just didn't want to lose her footing  and fall into the lake, which was her main worry as it was hard to grasp her bearings.

Maya turned her gaze towards the sky, glad that it was so clear. The moon hung full in the sky, creating sufficient light to complete the assignment. Maya suddenly wished that Cassandra was present as she had displayed a greater knowledge, and interest, in the subject. Maya sat down on a nice patch of grass, wondering where she should start. She contemplated sketching the moon, but thought that Evan would be better at that. She squinted at the stars, wishing she had paid more attention to when her father had pointed out some consolations to her. She turned her head to the side, trying to make shapes out of the stars that just appeared randomly placed to her. She thought she could trace out the constellation, Sagittarius after a few moments of staring at the sky, but maybe she was making shapes that were non existent. Still, she never had the resolve or patience to sit and  figure out the shapes in the sky, so already she felt that this was was an achievement.

This thread is open to Evan and anyone else who would like to join.

Under the Celestial Dome Tumblr12
Credit to Aylee Walters for both!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Sparkle

Sparkle

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Sparkle was looking for Maya, as Evan asked her. Her night vision and superior hearing were a decent advantages now. Sparkle spotted the girl near the lake and approached her quickly. She looked at Maya and meowed, "Meow!" You remempurr me, right? After Sparkle drew some attention by meowing, she looked in the girls eyes, trying to make an "Evan's looking for you, do something!" look. Giving Maya looks from time to time, she started walking there and back near the girl, waiting for her actions.

((( OOC: I think this meeting is happening after the library one, so Maya should know Sparkle by now. )))

((( OOC: You can use Lumos spell or something like that to show Evan your location. He can't find you in the dark without help. )))
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Maya swung around, a meowing sound disturbing her from her thoughts. She squinted through the dark night, the moon not providing enough light for her to discern what it was. Maya was about to jump to her feet when a cat appeared from the shadows.
It was a dark coloured cat which was well camouflaged due to the colour of its fur. Maya raised her eyes at the cat, she hadn't seen a stray roaming the grounds before. On the other hand she was glad that it was a cat making the purring sounds, she knew there was worse creatures to run into on a night in the grounds of Hogwarts, especially on a full moon. "Hey, pussycat. What brings you here?" Maya automatically started talking to the cat, she loved pets. There were plenty of cats back home and she wished that she could have brought one from home with her but only one pet was allowed and she figured an owl would  probably be more useful.

Where was Evan? "Hang on a minute, I've seen you before. Your Evan's cat!" Maya recalled seeing her (possibly him?) in the library earlier that week. "so if your here, does that mean Evan's close by?" She asked the cat, which purred in response. Not that she was expecting more. At the same time the cat seemed to be trying to convey something to her, or maybe she reading too much into the cat. She didn't know if it was a magical cat, cats were smart in general, but ones from the magical world were quite intelligent. Maya got to her feet as the cat still appeared to be gesturing with her head. Maybe Evan is around here somewhere. "Are you going to lead me to Evan?" She asked the cat, putting her trust into the cat and allowing it to guide her.

Back to top Go down
Sparkle

Sparkle

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Sparkle was really pleased to see Maya talking to her. Smurrt purrson. "Hang on a minute, I've seen you before. You're Evan's cat!" Yes. This is furrect.  "So if you're here, does that mean Evan's close by?" Surrre. "Are you going to lead me to Evan?" I'd purrefer you to make some light signals, but purrhaps yourrr idea is even betfurr. No need to dispurrb night furreatures. Sparkle meowed, gave Maya a "Follow me" look, and started to walk away, checking from time to time if the girl sill follows her, and trying not to go way ahead of the student.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Evan was sitting near a tree, leaning his back against the trunk, and looking at the stars. Orion constellation, Pisces constellation. Sometimes, however, he threw a quick glances left and right, waiting for some signs of Maya or Sparkle. It was too dark and Evan wasn't quite in a mood for a searching fuss, so he just delegated this to his cat, Sparkle. He preferred stargazing to walking, as many people surely did. Leo constellation, Cassiopeia constellation. Suddenly Evan lost his thought. Cassie. He remembered Cassandra, the girl who attended Astronomy classes last year and was quite good at it. She also nearly hit him once, but that was another story. Evan was sure that he would enjoyed her company now. The North Star.

Suddenly Evan heard some noises, he stood up and drew his wand, but then put it back quickly, realizing that the sources of these noises were Maya and Sparkle. "Hi there," Evan greeted them (mostly Maya) and muttered a little awkwardly, "I've got a telescope and some star charts. We don't need them to observe the moon, but hey, we don't often get an official excuse to break a curfew, so I thought we can have a little fun with it." He leaned down, stroked his cat, scratched her ear, and said, "Attagirl! Thanks again, Sparkle!"
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Maya followed Evan's cat, keeping her eyes pealed so she didn't trip over any lose tree trunks or large stones. Maya was so busy watching where she placed her feet as the grounds were shrouded in the darkness that when the moon's shining light was blocked by a passing cloud that when she looked up next, the cat had disappeared. Maya had completely lost her bearings and didn't recognise the close surroundings that she managed to make out that she immediately began panicking and was stricken with horrible thoughts of having to sleep outside until dawn. Maya swung around in a circle and quickly spotted Evan off to the far side sitting comfortably by a tree. "Oh Evan!" Maya exclaimed, thoroughly delighted that she had found the boy. She approached him quickly, not liking the impending feeling of uneasiness the darkness provided. "Nice cat you got there." Maya said while taking a seat next to Evan on the hard turf. "That's a great idea and it's a full moon and everything." Maya was impressed with Evan's forward thinking and didn't bother saying what little she had brought to the fold.

Maya dawdled uncomfortably with her quill and parchment for a moment before she set them aside and looked over at Evan. "Evan, before we begin can I ask you a question." The scene from their last charms lesson had been replaying over and over in her head and she didn't feel right completing her assignment with Evan until she knew what had actually happened and her conscious felt better. "So what actually happened in our last class?" Maya may have said the words a little more forcefully and harshly than she had intended, but she silently prayed that she wasn't hurting Kynan by coming here and hoped that Evan was going to be truthful with her.

Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 pm

"Nice cat you got there," Maya said taking a seat next to Evan. "See, Sparkle? You're nice," he whispered to his cat, stroking her. Then he turned to Maya and said, "I bought her in Diagon Alley, the shopkeeper told me that this cat is really smart. And he was right! I've never seen such a great cat before! All muggles' cats are less intellectually gifted."

Evan started rising his hand to show Maya the Gemini Constellation, but she asked him a question before he could say anything about stars, "Evan, before we begin can I ask you a question?" He nodded, not sure if Maya saw it in the dark or not. "So what actually happened in our last class?" Oh no. Not this topic again. "You're the third one who asked me about it. It seems to be quite a popular story these days." Evan forced himself to smile. Again, he wasn't sure at all whether Maya saw this or not. Evan decided not to look her in the eyes (even if he didn't see them well) during this story, so he started looking at the moon instead. "I was a little late, and when I opened the door, I saw all these frogs trying to escape. I pick up some and when I looked inside the classroom I saw Kynan pointing his wand at me. He flicked his wand and cast a spell. Its incantation was "Immobulus", so I though it had something to do with stunning or paralysing. I had only one explanation in mind: he was trying to attack me. So I fought him back. Well, I think you know the rest of the story." Oh. I think I tell this story better and better. And it wasn't so difficult on my third time. Or maybe it's just because Maya wasn't threatening me with a wand like Aylee. Finally Evan looked at Maya, trying to figure out her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:01 am

Maya smiled at the affection Evan displayed towards his cat, he clearly cared for it. The cat obviously liked him too as she stroked her head against him. Once again Maya wished she had gotten herself a cute kitten instead of an owl that was extremely moody. "That's so cool, no way any of my farm cats could do anything like what your cat does. All they're good for is catching mice." Which really wasn't a good thing, Maya thought, as their yard was muddled with dead vermin.

Maya smiled apologetically when Evan said it was the third time of retelling the story, but she made no effort to stop him as she felt she must listen to what he had to say and hear the actual account of what had happened.
Maya lay her head back against the tree trunk and sighed deeply, trying to consider what Evan had just told her. Well the versions of events did match up with what she had seen in class, even though she was distracted by the plague of frogs. The first of the fight that Maya had seen was Kynan flying across the classroom which didn't bode well for Evan. "Seriously Evan? You actually thought Kynan was going to attack you in front of a professor and loads of students as witnesses?" She smirked down at him trying to make light of the situation. Maya actually chuckled to herself thinking back to the altercation. Now that she knew the series of events it was funny thinking about Evan's face when he thought he was being attacked. Kynan's must have been even funnier as he thought that he was helping Evan and next thing Evan was duelling him. She wished she hadn't been caught up in her own internal duel with all the frogs.  "Why would he attack you in general?" Maya kind of thought to herself, but voiced her thoughts. On second thought the two boys did seem to detest each other. Why though? "Evan do you like Kynan?" Maya asked, hoping that it wasn't too much of a personal question.

Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 am

Evan looked at his cat again and said quietly, "Listen how superior you are, Sparkle. Other cats are no match for you." Then he turned to Maya again and answered, "Oh, well, I supposed he could possibly attack me. He acted strange in the Owlery, so I didn't really know what to expect from him. Maybe some kind of dueling was necessary for the practice part of the lesson, I didn't know anything when I entered the classroom." "Evan, do you like Kynan?" Maya asked. Oh. He knew that Maya and Kynan were close, so it wouldn't be good for Evan to reveal his antipathy to Kynan. "Um.. Should I?"

"Listening to stories and asking questions can be entertaining, but we have an assignment to do," Evan said cheerfully. Astronomy was one of his favorite classes. Actually, almost every class was his favorite in some way. "The moon phase today is the full moon. But we definitely have to add something else. I have a good story from modern muggle mythology, we can add it to our essay, if you like it."

((( OOC: I assume Kynan's deception was revealed in the Owlery )))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under the Celestial Dome   Under the Celestial Dome Empty

Back to top Go down

Under the Celestial Dome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Hogwarts Castle :: The Grounds :: The Lake-
Jump to: