Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] Empty
PostSubject: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Maya trudged down towards the lake, huffing to herself. Back home she was used to having her own room and her own space to herself. Now she was contending with other girls in the dormitory and she was still getting used to it. She was a light sleeper and often woke up to the other girls gossiping or laughing. If that wasn't bad enough she was kept awake most of the night due to incessant snoring.

Rubbing sleep from her eyes she sat down staring across the lake watching the fish jump impressively in and out of the water. She knew losing her temper wouldn't achieve anything so she came outside to clear her head.

She heard the crackling of leaves, indicating someone walking near by. Turning around she stared haughtily at the person, trying to shake off her bad mood.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 7:39 am

Deirdre tried to settle her thoughts in order as she walked to the lake, her cat Marble following her closely, feeling her head as if it would explode if nothing was done soon about it.

To put it simply, she couldn't sleep. Sure, Hufflepuffs weren't that many, compared to the other houses, but she felt the girls' dorm room too crowded for her taste. She was used to peace and quiet back home, at her mother, Monique's, shop, where almost everything had its place and rarely left it.

Yawning, Deirdre stopped at the edge of the lake and ran her fingers trough the cold water, then washing her face in it, to stay awake.
As she stood up again, she saw another girl with reddish hair and tired eyes, who was studying her. Marble hissed protectively.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Not too impressed that she had been interrupted while brooding, Maya stared at the newcomer for some time. She noticed from her attire that she was a Hufflepuff. She didn't know what to make of this as she actually hadn't come across any yet in her first few weeks at Hogwarts. She took in her appearance and noticed that she looked how she felt, with big, black shadows under her drooping eyes and she looked to be struggling to stay awake.

Feeling empathy towards the girl, she approached and ignoring the hiss from her cat, she introduced herself. "Hey, I'm Maya," she said, trying to muster a smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Deirdre struggled with staying awake, knowing full well that she had dark shadows under her eyes and that she looked horrible. The red-headed girl greeted her. Her scarf told away that she was a Slytherin, and Deirdre hadn't come close to one during her stay in Hogwarts.
Deirdre pushed back a yawn and, being too tired to care about the average Slytherin's reputation, though she was pretty sure...Maya, wasn't bad, she shook the offered hand and introduced herself,"Hello, my name is Deirdre. The feisty feline down there is" she rubbed her eyes and pointed to the cat,"Marble."
Deirdre finally yawned, as did Maya, and sat on the grass.
She wondered why the other girl was there with her at the moment- maybe for the same reasons she was out as well? The Hufflepuff looked at the bright stars in the night sky and thought of her mom. Maya's tired voice was heard...
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Maya could tell that the girl was a little taken aback with how she had approached her. Slytherin's reputation of thinking they were above other people in different houses never failed and as if on cue Deirdre's face changed slightly when she spotted the scarf Maya was wearing which supported her house colours.

She was pleased when the girl took her hand while stiffing back a yawn and introduced herself. She eyed the cat not knowing whether or not she was friendly. Chancing it, she bent down and gave her a friendly rub behind the ears. Marble replied with a soft purr. Maya liked cats, she had two at home on the farm and one of them was the image of this one.

Maya looked on as the girl seemed deep in thought staring at the night sky. Maya loved stargazing, she always felt so insignificant in a comforting way. She wondered how many other people in the world were looking at the same sky at that moment. She also speculated as to why the girl was here at this time of night, she didn't appear to be a rule breaker. Still, she didn't want to be too inquisitive since she had just met her. She took a more subtle approach. "You look as tired as I feel," Maya said, trying to keep the tone light. She still didn't know if the girl wanted to hang around and have a conversation with her, although the fact that she didn't run off when she spotted her scarf was a good sign, Maya told herself.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 am

" I probably am as tired as you are." Deirdre replied, green-blue eyes closing themselves." I can't sleep and I haven't two nights already."
The Slytherin lied on ground beside her and began stargazing as well.
Deirdre started wondering why a Slytherin would come all the way out here and tear herself from a supposedly comfortable bed and healthy sleep. She put her back against the ground in a swift motion as well, her long black hair floating slightly as did so. Marble climbed on top of her and observed the lake, its surface shining in her big silver eyes.
Deirdre had always thought that the black cat was a miracle, a gift sent to her from the skies above. Her eyes were the rarest she had ever seen, and Marble had her own way of thinking, too. She was a very clever cat and was very loyal to her owner as it was.
She had found her in the doorstep of their house, back when her father was still with them, and had asked her mother to keep it. Since then the cat had been her only best friend, who was with her whatever happened. she wondered if Maya noticed how special she was to Deirdre.
"What about you?" she asked.
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Maya listened to Deirdre's response and laughed when she heard what she had to say. "Do I look that bad?" She asked jokingly.

Lying flat on her back beside the girl she closed her eyes, even though she felt more awake as the light breeze on her face was welcomed on the humid night.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" She ventured to ask the question, as she didn't know if it was too personal a question, she understood if Deirdre didn't want to answer it.

After Deirdre asked her why she wasn't sleeping herself, she needed a moment to think about it. Sitting up and resting on her elbows she looked stonily across the lake. Marble's eyes shone bright in the dark night, reflecting the surface of the lake. She spotted Deirdre also watching Marble out of the corner of her eye, she seemed very protective of her Maya thought to herself.

"Well, I suppose I'm just finding it hard to sleep in a room with other girls. They can be loud sometimes," Maya added mirthlessly. "And I'm also feeling a tad bit homesick." She finally answered.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:21 am

Deirdre let out a relieved laugh at Maya's joke. "Why aren't you sleeping?" the Slytherin asked her, eyes closed.
"I.. I suppose I'm just not used to living here. I'm not saying Hefflepuffs are too many or the dorms are crowded, it's simply not as I've had it,"Deirdre paused for a yawn", all my life." She hoped that made some kind of sense...
Maya took some time to rethink her answer, and then after she replied, they both remained quiet for a moment, stargazing and supposedly lost in thoughts for their own little things.
Deirdre got up and made a few steps to the lake. She put her hands in the cold water and ran them trough it. Perhaps...
"Have you ever wondered what the mermen are like?" She pointed to the lake.
Maya looked at her questioningly.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Maya noticed Deirdre's stance relaxed after she made the joke and smiled inwardly to herself, pleased. She could be nice when she wanted to be.

Nodding in agreement with Deirdre's reply she completely agreed. The same reason applied to herself.

Maya watched as Deirdre approached the lake and stared at it for sometime. Looking up questioningly at the mention of merpeople, she wondered aloud what they even were. "Ehm, sorry but I haven't come across the yet. Are they people?" Maya asked hoping to not sound too stupid. She sometimes berated the fact that her father had imposed a muggle education over a wizarding one and cursed the fact of how ignorant she was appearing at the mention of some wizarding creatures. She also got up and walked over to the lake and began gazing at the water, seeing if she could see the creatures. All she could see was her own reflection gazing back up at her with a confused expression.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:44 am

"Ehm, sorry but I haven't come across the yet. Are they people?"
Deirdre was too tired to laugh, not that she would, anyway. Even though if it did seem funny to her... It wasn't that much of a riddle to figure out, still she couldn't blame a person for not knowing.
"No need to apologize, I'll explain it to you." she assured Maya, " You're Muggle-blooded, aren't you?" Maya replied. "So you've probably heard stories about mermaids, or sirens, right?"
Deirdre looked at the lake again, as Marble shook her tiny head knowingly. Maya's answer provoked her to continue with her explaining," Well, that's what mermen are. Colonies of mermaids of all size and gender. I haven't seen one, so I'm not sure if they have fish tails, though, I'm just aware that they live underwater. And I'm pretty convinced they don't sing, either." She let out a laugh.
" I know some details for them, as well. For example, they're incredibly fast swimmers.And they don't talk our language."
Maya smiled,"Oh, so that's what they are."
Deirdre gazed in the distant end of the lake and asked,"So, would you like to meet them?"
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Maya could tell that Deirdre was shocked that she didn't know what she was talking about, but was grateful that she hid her emotions. Maya liked this girl so far and was very defensive of her lack of magical knowledge, she was very defiant that it wasn't her fault.

Deirdre smoothed over the awkward silence quickly by asking her was she muggle blooded. "No I'm not," she quickly corrected, not too impressed at the acussation. My father is a muggle but my mother is a pure blood witch. She just lost contact with the wizarding community after the dark times when her own parents were murdered." Maya blushed, embarrassed at how much information she had shared with the stranger. She never did that and was usually quite reserved when it came to personal information about her and her family. Maybe it was the lack of sleep Maya thought to herself.

Bringing herself out of this trail of thought she listened to Deirdre question. "Yes I have, I used to pretend I was one when I was younger and swimming." Maya was impressed with Deirdre's abundance of knowledge about them. "Yes, I'd love to see them," she replied. "But if they live under water, how will we see them?" Maya asked doubtfully still staring into the empty lake.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:56 am

"No I'm not! My father is a muggle but my mother is a pure blood witch. She just lost contact with the wizarding community after the dark times when her own parents were murdered." Maya blurted out quickly. She seemed both offended and ashamed, perhaps for sharing too much?
Whichever one of those it was, Deirdre let out the small laugh she was holding back before. The Slytherin girl glared at her again. Deirdre rushed to explain herself," I'm sorry, it just seems like you didn't understand the term I used. You see, there's a difference between muggle-blooded and muggle-born." She hoped it had now become clear to Maya.
After she had finished sharing her knowledge of the merpeople, she looked at the lake again and waited for the other girl to say something.
"Yes, I'd love to see them," Maya said. "But if they live under water, how will we see them?"
Deirdre answered," I..'ve heard they come to the surface for some special Hogwarts events. Maybe they come out on their own, as well."
Deirdre didn't know exactly how, she just knew she'd like to see them.
She turned around and smiled to Maya. Marble purred.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Maya glared fiercely at Deirdre when she began to laugh at her own reaction, she knew she was being very defensive and was quick to defend herself. Maybe she did speak too soon she thought as Deirdre eventually explained herself. Well I'm not apologizing Maya thought bitterly to herself, she hated being wrong and barely ever admitted it due to her pride and stubbornness.

Maya quickly forgot their uncomfortable exchange as her interest in the Merpeople subject piqued.

"Have you ever seen them, how do you know they're there then?" She asked genuinely interested in the subject, she really would like to see them. She loved seeing and experiencing new things.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 am

"Have you ever seen them, how do you know they're there then?"
Nice. Deirdre had thought about it sometime when she finally replied," I know they are. I-My mum has seen them... And they are also featured in the Care of Magical Creatures schoolbook. "
Maya looked at her questioningly. Deirdre knew, it wasn't the best of explanation, but that was all the Slytherin was getting from her, if she didn't want to know more herself.

As they sat in silence some more, gazing in the lake, both thought about the mysterious merpeople down there. Marble was thinking about them, too, it seemed, because she was hissing at the water.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:16 pm

"Really?" Maya asked, unconvinced by Deirdre's explanation, but she didn't push her any further as she didn't seem to want to elaborate more. Fair enough Maya thought to herself, there was plenty of things she didn't want to talk about and she could understand that.

As they plunged into silence Maya continued to watch the lake, as if awaiting any strange disturbances. She eyed Marble up as she hissed at the lake, did she know what we they were just talking about Maya thought to herself. "Some cat you got there," Maya observed. "Where did you get her?" She asked, curious of its origin.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:57 am

" Yeah...," Deirdre murmured in reply, afraid that Maya's going to dig deeper. Deirdre didn't usually want to tell people about what her family knew and didn't know. So she was happy when Maya dropped the subject and gazed off to the lake. Deirdre petted Marble's pitch black fur, but didn't try to ease her- she knew too well- if that diabla gata was angry, just let her be.

"Some cat you got there," Maya observed and Deirdre nodded proudly, "Where did you get her?"
The black haired girl thought for a brief moment, then replied, still smiling," She kind of found me herself, you see. She came to my doorstep, and I asked my mum to keep her. I named her Marble because of her eyes, They're unique."
Deirdre glanced at Maya," Do you have a pet?"
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:15 am

Maya noticed the big smile that appeared on Deirdre's face at the mention of her cat. She ws beautiful Maya had to admit, with her black coat she really blended into the dark night. Well if it wasn't for her eyes, which stood out magnificently against her dark colour, they were unique.

"So she came looking for a home and you gave her one, that was nice," Maya replied admiring the girl sitting across from her, not everyone would have taken in a stray pet.  There was something strange about the cat though, as if she was following their own conversation as when she began talking about her she came over looking for her attention. Maya stroked her black fur softly and Marble let out a little purr of affection. "Is she magical?" Maya had to ask. "She seems really smart."

"No, I couldn't decide what to get. Maybe next year." Although she was really wishing that she had got something as she started experiencing someone else's pet, they seemed like really good companions.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:25 am

"So she came looking for a home and you gave her one, that was nice," Maya said, observing Marble's moves carefully, eyebrows high. She stretched a hand to stroke the cat's fur and it purred in delight."Is she magical?"
Deirdre had to think about an answer to that question, but soon replied," I'm not really sure...but, I think she is." She looked at her pet lovingly.
"She seems really smart.", the other girl remarked. Deirdre smiled proudly," She is. And, in case you are wondering, yes, she is following our conversation through."

Maya stated that she doesn't have a pet, and Deirdre answered knowingly," You should really get one next year. Perhaps a personal owl would be a good start. My mum has an owl. It's a tad bit bigger than a nut." Deirdre gave a small laugh.
Maya asked, "Really? What's its name?"Deirdre replied with a smile," It's Leeks."
They both talked about it some more.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:47 pm

"Thanks for the advice, I will." Maya replied, glad of the opinion. Her parents had never offered their own so it left her unable to decide and it was nice to get someone else's input. She now couldn't wait to get a pet, one she could look after and bring everywhere with her for company.

She laughed at the name of her owl, thinking it was a funny, but cute name.

Yawning once more as a sudden burst of tiredness came over her, Maya began rubbing her eyes as they began to itch with tiredness. Looking out over the lake she noticed that the sun was beginning to rise. Jumping up and ignoring its beauty she decided that she better head back to her bed, for some much needed sleep and before they were caught. She didn't want to think of how many house points she would lose if she was caught, and even the thought of detention wasn't very appealing.

"I'm going to head back up to my dormitory now, I really think I need some sleep if I'm going to get through tomorrow's classes! Thanks for keeping me company. If you ever can't sleep again you know where to find me," Maya smiled genuinely at the Hufflepuff girl, glad to have met someone on her midnight stroll of the grounds. The girl had got her though the lonely night and now she felt like she could sleep peacefully now. "Want to walk back up to the castle together?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:07 am

As Maya yawned, obviously feeling more tired than she seemed before their conversation, Deirdre realized she also needed precious sleep as it was, so she rubbed her eyes. She gazed at the lake one last time, amazed by its sparkling surface. She adverted her look from it and picked up Marble from the grass, ready to go to bed, as Maya was.
Of course, she also didn't want to get caught sneaking around at night.

Hearing the Slytherin's last words, Deirdre smiled," Yes, it was pleasant talking to you. Hope I see more of you soon, Maya." She was really glad she had made a new...friend. As the other girl asked her if she wanted to walk with her, the Hufflepuff nodded, and they turned towards to castle together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]   Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre] Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting New People [Closed for Deirdre]
Page 1 of 1