Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Ancient Recollections [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Ancient Recollections [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Recollections [Open]   Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:13 am

The House Cup appeared very majestic, glimmering under the rays of light that filtered trough the glass panes, its golden surface so polished that one could effortlessly use it as a mirror.
After its short stay in Ravenclaw Tower, it had been Ambrosius's duty to bring the goblet to the Trophy Room, where, in its glass display case, it would be an eternal reminder of his house's triumph. Nothing brought Ambrosius more joy than contemplating the blue and bronze ribbons hanging from the handles. Of course, the students were completely responsible for Ravenclaw's victory, and he was deeply proud of them, and hoped that he had played at least a minor part in guiding them towards success.

Just as he was about to leave, the contents of a small cabinet caught his attention. Taking a closer look, he found a set of golden badges lining the glass shelves. Recognizing the medals, he turned to the two on the utmost left. Awarded to Ambrosius Umbranox, For his Outstanding Academic Achievements . His lips curled into a nostalgic smile as he read the words. It was so long ago, before the dark ones, before the threat, before everything. They were like memories belonging to another man now. Another life.

The door of the room suddenly swung open, chasing melancholic recollections away from his mind.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Recollections [Open]   Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Lucia was walking through the castle, reminiscing her time when she was a student. It wasn't a very long time ago, but it still felt like a lifetime. Her biggest worries through that time had been if she was going to pass her Ancient Runes exam. A small shudder went through her, remembering how poor she had been at the subject. Yet, somehow, she managed to pass with an A.

Lucia hadn't been the best student, but neither had she been the worst. She hadn't failed any of her exams, but, if she remembered correctly, she had only managed three O's, of which was in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration and Herbology. She had been very excited back then. And she was now as well, given that the O in Herbology gave her the position as the Herbologist at Hogwarts.

Becoming a professor had never been her plan, but then, something changed in the blink of an eye, and changed her life and what she thought about it. Teaching suddenly became very attractive.

In her random stroll, she suddenly found herself in the Great Hall and her eyes fell on the door behind the staff table that would lead to the Trophy Room. She hadn't set foot in that place since her sixth year, having been caught by the caretaker with a fellow Gryffindor, some paint and crazy ideas. How much fun pranking had been at that time.

She reached the door and opened it, having thought it was a heavy door, and putting her weight behind it. However, the door wasn't nearly as heavy as she had remember it to be, and she anything but blasted it off its hinges. "Ops," she mumbled, a grin spreading on her face.

Then she noticed the presence of another person. A professor. She didn't know if she was happy that it was a professor and not a student, but she figured it was better. After all, if she was to teach here, it would be rather hard to hide her clumsiness.

"Professor Umbranox," she said pleasantly, having not had the opportunity to meet him before now.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Recollections [Open]   Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 am

As a young woman penetrated the room, Ambrosius moved his gaze and his thoughts from the cabinet and turned to face her.
    "Professor... Henley." he greeted her in his usual calm and detached voice. He had still not had the joy to meet the Herbology teacher, yet managed to recall her name from Headmaster's Gray announcement during the Beginning-Of-Term Feast.
     "It is very pleasant to see that despite the rumours of trouble and danger ahead, some still find the courage to put our children's education before their personal safety." he added after scrutinizing her in silence for a few instants.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Recollections [Open]   Ancient Recollections [Open] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Lucia smiled at him. "That's correct," she said with a smile, hearing his small break before saying her name, "But please, call me Lucia." She felt old when adults called her professor. It was too ... formal.

At first, she was a bit unsure of what he meant, and then her mind switched over to the threat of the Dark Ones. Her joyous smile softened to a solemn one, and she sighed. The thought of the looming threat brought nothing but irritation to her otherwise happy mind. She couldn't believe how people wanted to deal so much damage to others. But unfortunately not everyone could be as naïve and gullible as her.

"I'm glad you see it that way. But it could simply be due to my lack of self-preservation and my extreme need to see the good in everyone. And I might just be stupid," she said lightly with a shrug. But her friends had tried to get her out of taking a job at Hogwarts. They did everything they could to convince her of how bad an idea it was.

But Lucia stood firm. She knew that education was important, and she knew that the society was more important than the threat of evil people. She knew she was putting herself in harm's way, but it was an important job, and she was really glad she was here again.

"How long have you been working here?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Recollections [Open]   Ancient Recollections [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ancient Recollections [Open]
Page 1 of 1