Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
A Merited Victory EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
A Merited Victory EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
A Merited Victory EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
A Merited Victory EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
A Merited Victory EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
A Merited Victory EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
A Merited Victory EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
A Merited Victory EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
A Merited Victory EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
A Merited Victory EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
A Merited Victory EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
A Merited Victory EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
A Merited Victory EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
A Merited Victory EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
A Merited Victory EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

A Merited Victory

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am

"May I have your attention please." Ambrosius pleaded. He had not raised his voice, yet the loud clamor of a dozen conversations instantly turned to mere whispers. "I am very well aware that your mind is currently set on celebrations, and that listening to my speech is the last thing you wish to endure. Yet indulge me but a few words, and I promise to let you enjoy this gathering for as long as you so desire." The last murmurs went down, and Ambrosius paused for a moment, gazing at the faces of his Ravenclaws.

Long blue and bronze banners decorated the walls for the occasion, yet there were almost painted in gold by the warm sunlight that slanted down the high windows. And, of course, the House Cup was there, proudly displayed on one of the desks. "Another school year is behind us, and for the second time in a row, you have demonstrated that perseverance, hard work and honesty are the only path to follow in order to achieve victory. I cannot express how proud I am of all of you. Yet, as it is tradition, I wish to honour one individual in particular. Not only has she earned the highest amount of points and thus largely contributed to our House's triumph. In her admirable humbleness, she has shown one need not be the loudest to be the best, and was always the first to comfort her friends in times of need, yet also to stand up to them when they were at fault." He marked a brief halt, then pursued. "Miss Walters, if you would please come forth to collect your reward." A loud applause rose from the audience as the girl slowly headed towards him.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Aylee turned around as she heard the Professor's voice, wondering what he was going to say. As he said something about honouring an individual, she shrugged. Not me, she thought, feeling certain. She had never won anything in her life so she didn't think that this individual would be her. Frowning, Aylee listened to the rest of the speech.

Suddenly, she heard her last name being called. "R-r-reward?" Aylee managed to stammer, staring at the Professor. She felt someone push her forwards, and she walked slowly and hesitantly towards Professor Umbranox. Aylee heard the students clapping but she just stared wide-eyed at most of them. What? she thought, unable to let it all in.

Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:31 pm

The astounded girl hesitantly made her way to him. Her eyes were so wide and confused and her legs so trembling that Ambrosius feared they would betray her before she would manage to reach him.

"I heard you were particularly fond of reading." he told her quietly, so that only she would hear. Searching through his robe, he pulled out an old yet well preserved volume and carefully handed it to her. "We Ravenclaws consider the sharpness of our minds to be our most valuable asset. And as a witty man once said, a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge."

He examined her reaction as she observed the leather cover and then the golden letters. Old and Forgotten Tales and Fables. "It comes from my personal library. I am rather certain it is one of the few copies left. Take good care of it."
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Aylee nodded when Professor Umbranox told her that she was fond of reading. She watched him look for something in his robes and bit her lip a bit nervously. As the Professor pulled out a book and handed it to her, Aylee read the words on the cover. She trailed her finger down the leather cover then looked up at Professor Umbranox.

"I will. Thank you," Aylee said, smiling.

Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:20 pm

"You are most welcome, miss Walters." he replied, before addressing the entire audience. "Now, as I promised, I will let you relish in celebrating a deserved victory. It was a great pleasure being your Head of House this term, and I hope that despite my attachment to hard work and discipline, the satisfaction was at least partially reciprocated. I wish you all a pleasant summer and hope to see you next September." 

"And try not to exaggerate, the Hogwarts Express will not wait for latecomers tomorrow." he added humorously before turning to the door.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:31 pm

James applauded with the others at the announcement. He couldn't help feeling a hint of jealousy as he watched her the the book from Professor Umbranox's chance, yet he was glad for her at the same time. She had deserved it, and the most important thing was that Ravenclaw had won.

"Congratulations." he said with a smile when Aylee rejoined them. "What book is it?" he wondered avidly. 
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Aylee walked back towards her friends when Professor Umbranox left. She was smiling, not sure if it was because she won something or because she won a book. Either way, she was still happy. She admired the cover and was staring at the title when James asked her what book it was.

"Old and Forgotten Tales and Fables," Aylee answered, showing him the book.

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:44 pm

"It looks really amazing." he commented, cautiously turning the book around and examining it from every side, careful not to damage it. "Would you mind lending it to me? When you're done reading it, of course."
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:08 am

"Er... sure, why not?" replied Aylee as she watched James examine the book.

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 am

"Thanks." he responded excitedly, handing it back to her. "So, do you look forward to the holidays?" he inquired after a while.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:37 am

"Very much," Aylee replied as she held the book in her hands. "Although I can't wait for the next term. You?"

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:02 am

"Me too. Although I miss all of this during the summer. It's hard spending two months away from the wizarding world. I even thought about subscribing to the Daily Prophet, just to keep in touch with important events, but I'm not sure how my parents would react to seeing owls fly to our house and deliver newspapers." he said, smiling as he tried to imagine the scene.

Last edited by James Riddle on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:11 am

Aylee grinned at the thought. "I still wonder how our neighbours react when they see my owl delivering letters to my mum..." she answered, giggling. "I'll miss Hogwarts too. I wish they'd let us use magic when not in Hogwarts. I want to change my brother's hair pink." She remembered Sydney teaching her a spell to change someone's hair colour.

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:24 am

"You can do that?" James asked, surprised. He had never heard of such a spell, but it would definitively be a funny one.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 am

"Yeah," Aylee answered. "Sydney taught it to me once. Want to see?" Still holding the book with one hand, she took out her wand, ready to try the spell on herself.

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:34 am

For a moment, James hesitated, wondering if she would try the spell on him. "Sure... why not." he replied. I hope there's a counter-curse, he thought, picturing himself walking around with blue hair.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:41 am

Aylee bit her lip then pointed her wand at her hair. "Colorus Changus," she muttered, thinking of a shade of blonde. Suddenly, her hair turned blonde, just like Sydney's hair. She grinned, then changed her hair back to its natural colour.

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:53 am

"Blonde suits you well." he commented with a grin. "All right, my turn." Clearing his throat, he pointed his wand at his head. "Colorus Changus." He lookep up to check the result, before realizing that his hair was too short for him to see it. "Did it work?" he inquired.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Aylee shook her head at James's comment. "I prefer brown," she said quietly, not knowing why. She watched James raise his wand and try the spell. "Um..." Aylee said after his hair changed colour. "What colour were you thinking of?"

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:49 pm

"Black." he admitted, still trying to catch a glimpse of it. "Please tell me it's not pink or something like that." At least I still have hair, he reassured himself, touching the top of his head.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Aylee nodded. "Yup, it's black, all right," she replied. "I would have been amused if your hair turned pink. That would be hilarious." She grinned, trying to imagine a pink-haired James.

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm

"I guess it would." he conceded with a smile. "Thanks for teaching me that spell." he added after reverting his hair back to its original colour. "Did Sydney create it herself?" He had no idea if that was even possible, but he didn't remember hearing about the charm elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Aylee smiled. As James turned his hair back to its original colour, she hesitated. "I don't know," she said thoughtfully. "She just showed it to me once."

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:13 pm

James nodded. "I wonder if you it's possible to create your own spells. It must be really hard. If you could do it, what effects would yours have?" he inquired, glancing at Aylee.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 pm

"Hmm..." Aylee bit her lip. "I don't know, really. It seems like any spell I want to create is already created, you know?" She frowned a bit. "What effects would you want your spell to have?" she then asked.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Merited Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Merited Victory   A Merited Victory Empty

Back to top Go down

A Merited Victory
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next