Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's Empty
PostSubject: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:43 pm

As soon as they entered the shop, Lucy's gray eyes widened with curiosity and excitement. There were so many things to look at! People were crowded around the employees, trying to get prices on things and help to finding the perfect joke item.
There was a wall on the right side of the shop, filled with empty frames with a banner on top that read Employee of the Month.
"How could they not have an employee of the month yet?" She asked as she glanced up at the frames.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 7:33 pm

James had never seen so many people in such a small place. Dozens of students were grabbing items left and right, boasting about their malicious plans, while a couple of employees struggled to meet all their inquiries.

Curious, James crept closer to examine the one of the shelves. It stored an incredible collection of jokes and tricks, from weird looking ears attached to flesh-coloured strings to some sort of mysterious maps. James had no idea what most of them were for, but he was already fascinated by the shop.

"No idea." James admitted, following Lucy's gaze. "Maybe it's not the real thing. It might be some sort of trick frames that you hang in your office to mess with your boss." he suggested with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Ella's eyes trailed around the shop as she practically drug Ellie by the hand. She didn't want her sister getting lost especially since it might upset their mom. She looked and saw many objects of which made no sense to her until Lucy and James spoke up and she looked at what they saw. "Maybe no one wants to be Employee of the Month?" she inquired, shrugging and walking over to the Nose-Biting Teacups. "Hey Ellie, Lucy, James, do you think mom would get upset if I gave her one of these?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Leaving the mystery with the Employee of the Month frames unresolved, James followed Ella to have a closer look at the famous Nose-Biting Teacups. They appeared rather inoffensive, no different from regular small elegant white cups.

James glanced at the Slytherin with a confused expression on his face until he remembered that the Fontayne sisters had been adopted by Professor Vega. "I don't think she will." he assured her. It was hard indeed to imagine the kind Care of Magical Creatures teacher getting angry over a practical joke. But perhaps she was more strict in her private life.

Two unknown Gryffindors suddenly appeared in front of them. After observing the shelf for a second, one of them grasped a teacup, grinned at his friend and then brought it to his mouth, pretending to be drinking something from it. The moment the vessel touched his lips, a set of white teeth materialized on its edge and clenched around his pointy nose. With a loud ouch, the boy hastily moved the mug away from his face and shoved it back in its place. Visibly vexed, he rubbed the tip of his nose while his companion was openly laughing at him. "On second thought..." James began, his lips stretching into a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2, Zonko's Joke Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Sydney was in the back room counting inventory when she heard the bell above the door. Then she heard voices and laughter. Customers! She went into the main area and saw James, Lucy and Ella. She smiled at James and gave a small smile at Lucy, only because she had to as she was a customer. “Hey guys. How can I help you?”
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:35 pm

James was still observing the Gryffindor boy and his friend when he spotted a familiar figure walking towards them. "Sydney" he exclaimed in a surprised tone. "I didn't know you were working today." He flashed a brief glance at Lucy before addressing the Ravenclaw again. "We were just looking for some interesting tricks. Anything you would recommend?"
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Sydney smiled and said, “Yeah. We were short staffed today so I’m working. On my day off.” She giggled softly and moved over to a shelf. “Well, I just got some new stuff in. We’ve got exploding wands, biting tea cups, extendable ears, sneakoscopes, a new shipment of pigmy puffs, and smoke bombs. What’s your fancy, Riddle?” She smiled at him as she asked him the question in a fake British accent. Everyone knew she was American, but it was fun to talk with the cute accent.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:24 am

Lucy smiled as James glanced at her before turning his attention to Sydney. Surely everyone knew about their mutual dislike, but she wasn't going to let that ruin her first trip to Hogsmeade. "I'll take one of these...for Wade." she said as she took a Nose-Biting Cup from the shelf. "How much would it cost?" she asked the Ravenclaw girl.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:34 am

"That would usually be 6 galleons. But I'll give you the secret friend discountof 4." She said with fake kindness . She was trying to look good in front of james and so far it was working, she thought. She took a new shipment of rigged brooms off the shelf. "Here james. Check this out."
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:46 am

Lucy frowned as Sydney's sarcasm annoyed her. Quietly, she walked away to find another employee and pay for the cup. She had no intent of dealing with the immature Second Year at the moment, so she left her with Ella, Ellie and James for a while. 

As she walked through the store, she saw all the items they had. It really was too much! There where extendable ears, which Uncle Draco had talked about very often, so that was interesting. They came in various colors, which she supposed were meant to be similar to the buyer's skin tone, so she looked for one similar to hers. After a few minutes, she finally found the perfect, very similar shade and held onto the ear so she could buy it later.

So far, she only had the extendable ear and the nose biting cup, but that seemed enough, until she saw the shelf in front of her. Pieces of folded parchment showed the steps of all the people in the crowded shop; Lucy instantly looked for the banner with her name.

Lucy Malfoy

Smiling brightly, her hands instantly reached for it. These maps had grown insanely famous after the Second Wizarding War, and Lucy couldn't help not having one. Out of a sudden, a tall, dark-skinned boy stood next to her. 

"Amazing, right? That these things would be so public now." His voice was rough and Lucy couldn't recall ever seeing him, so she simply nodded and went back to her thoughts.
"I'm Roland." He introduced himself. Lucy, unsure of what to do, introduced herself as to not seem rude. 
"Lucy." Her smiled seemed friendly, yet uncomfortable. Roland seemed to not notice, as he kept on talking about how the Marauder's Map was now useless as they no longer held it's secret status. Lucy wanted so desperately to cut him off and say that it wasn't about the map being secret, but about taking advantage of it's ability, but Roland wouldn't shut up and after a while, Lucy began to understand that this boy was really only talking about how Muggle Borns were bad for the wizard community.

Finally, after minutes of talking, Lucy cut him off. "It's very nice to see that people still care about keeping our secret safe and away from Muggles,  but I sincerely have no desire to listen to you rant about how much you dislike them. My parents are Muggles, and I'm sure that if you had known that from the beginning you wouldn't be talking to me at all." she said as she took the map, the cup and the extendable ear and walked away from the scene, leaving Roland wide-eyed and confused.
"I hate his guts." she said as she took a place next to Ella.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:31 am

Sydney notcied lucy talking to a boy, So she moved towards james. "So., james, you know you want one of these bad boys. F you can fly on this, you can fly on anything." She smiled her "buy this" smile and hoped it worked. She hadn't made a sale all day, and she really needed too.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:39 am

I don't know, I have no idea what any of those are, James thought when Sydney was done enumerating the items on sale. But before he could say anything, the Ravenclaw was already showing him a set of flying broomsticks. 

James turned to Lucy, recalling their recent race, but she wasn't beside him. He spotted her on the other side of the shop, talking to some boy he didn't recognize. Judging by her annoyed expression, she didn't seem to be enjoying his presence. James was still observing the two of them when Sydney suddenly spoke again.

Grabbing one of the broomsticks, he turned it around and suspiciously examined it. It didn't seem much different from a regular one, yet there was bound to be a reason why such an item was on display at Zonko's. "What do these do?" he inquired, glancing at the Ravenclaw. 
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

"Well, you know how in the muggle world they have mechanical bulls? This is kind of like a mechanical broom? It jerks you around and stuff. It trains you for the worst possible flying conditions. But it also makes great pank supplies. I love them." She smiled at james before lucy came walking back over to them and muttered something to herself.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:01 pm

"Really?" James replied in an excited tone. It could help him improve his flying skills, and would certainly be a funny experience as well. And I could perhaps replace Lucy's broom with one of those the next time we race, he thought jokingly. "How much is it?"

By then, Lucy had joined them, her hands filled with various items. "What's that?" he inquired, showing the map she was holding.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:05 pm

" for you james, 8 galleons. Half off for one of my best mates." She had gone british again and giggled. "That there is one of our marauders maps. They're quite popular with the students." She nodded at the map and smiled.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 pm

"Thanks Sydney" James exclaimed, chuckling at her fake accent. "I'll take one then." He searched his pocket, took the golden coins and handed them to her. 

"Marauder's maps?" he repeated, gazing at the piece of parchment. "Are they maps of Hogwarts?" The Castle was so huge that having a map of it could surely be quite helpful. 
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Sydney took the gold coins and slipped them into the register. "They are in a way. They show everyone one at all times through out they castle. Everyone, where they are, what theyre doing, any time all the time. Its pretty cool. I've got one myself."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:39 pm

"It is cool." James confirmed. "But isn't it kind of... wrong at the same time?" he inquired. "I mean, it's not really nice to spy on people like that."

Last edited by James Riddle on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:40 pm

"Its not like you can see them actually. Just they're footsteps. It helps for sneaking around the castle at night. Not like indo that." She laughed nervously at the end of her statement
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:53 pm

"Oh, right." he responded, smiling at his own silliness. "No, of course not." he added. Yet he did. Not voluntarily, but still. Such a map would be invaluable when he needed to find his way back to his Common Room during his nightly excursions. Despite that, he still felt rather uncomfortable about the whole thing, and decided he would have to do without it.

"You said something about sneakoscopes and pygmy puffs? What are those?" he asked. "And sorry to be bothering you with all these questions." he apologized. 
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:09 pm

"Its all part of the job james. A pigmy puff is this little fella." She reached into a cage and pulled out a small fluffy pink creature. "He's a little pet. Isn't he cute.?" She kissed the creatures head and put him back. "And a sneakoscope is a machine that can detect when someone untrustworthy is around"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:21 pm

"He definitely is." James confirmed, caressing the little creature before Sydney put it back. The sneakoscope sounded interesting, yet when he reached for his pocket, he found his coin purse to be oddly light. 

"I guess I'll just take the broom this time. I have to leave something for my next visit as well." he said with a smile. 
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 pm

"Excelent. Thanks james. Hey, aybe when I get off we can all.hang out?" She said mostly to james.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 am

Lucy was about to reply when she was suddenly cut of by Sydney, making the Slytherin's cheeks turn red with anger. However, she decided it was best to not answer at all, since Sydney already answered everything...
Lucy could feel herself growing impatient with the Ravenclaw girl, so she kept close to Ella, trying to feel a familiar figure. 

"Hey, Ella? Wade, Ryland and I will be going to France this summer, do you think your mom would let you and Ellie come with us?" she asked suddenly, remembering Phoenix's promise to take Ryland back to France to visit his home. "We're going to take Ryland to relieve some memories, so maybe you'd like to explore with us?"

Lucy suddenly caught Sydney's words. "Actually, you can't." She snapped. "It's school rules. You can only come to Hogsmeade if you work, but you can't leave work just like that." she said as she put her things on the counter. "If you do, you can cause Ravenclaw to lose the House Cup, and you would get in trouble with Torres." After a few seconds, she took out some golden coins from her purse. "I've got the Marauder's Map, the Nose Biting Cup, and the Extendable Ear. How much?" she asked Sydney.

After she told her the price, Lucy felt strangely bad about having talked to her that way. "You can hang out with us after we come back. Sit with us at dinner, maybe?" she suggested, glancing at James quickly before turning her eyes to Sydney.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult
Sydney Hale

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:12 am

"Its fine. I'll just sit with aylee like usual. I'll see you back in the common room , yeah?" She turned to james and smiled. She rung up lucy's items, put.them in a bag and said, "can I help you with anything else? You know, since I'm only allowed here if I'm working?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's   Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's Empty

Back to top Go down

Trip to Hogsmeade: Zonko's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next